U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 10:23 AM

532 posts, read 878,138 times

Advertisements

I had a cat who did this once--Charley. It feels your heart beating against it's heart. Very touching, very sweet:

http://www.wimp.com/heldtight/

I might add that once you bond with an animal like that, that bond is pretty strong. I had a long term gig where I was going to be out of the country for eight months, so I had to find a good home for Charley. He cried when I gave him away (so did I), and I felt a connection with him for months afterwards, though he found a good home on a farm (I hope). I actually felt his presence.

I do have an active imagination, but despite my skepticism in all matters "spiritual," I felt that my sense of his presence, and his yearning for me, was more than my imagination, but some sort of psychic connection. In retrospect, I wish I'd stayed home and not gone on the gig. When I finally returned to Austin I did try to find him, but wasn't able to get him back.

He was "just an animal," right? But no. I think they're little spiritual beings, just like we're big spiritual beings (maybe not so big sometimes). This is why it should be a crime to kill animals for food. Pigs are as smart as dogs, cows are social beings; all animals are spiritual beings with feelings, needs and --I would insist -- right to live and not be tortured.

Charley was so smart, too!! He was on of those cats--relatively rare, I think--who would retrieve things if you threw them to him. He would do this all day long. Brilliant, curious little fellow. Like people, some animals are smarter and more sensitive than others.

This was 15 years ago and I still miss Charley and will never forgive myself for giving him away. I don't believe in the afterlife, but I do think this life has more mystery than anyone can really explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats