U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 PM
 
43,012 posts, read 88,958,716 times
Reputation: 30256

Advertisements

I'm mean, come on, they're just adorable. As much as Bobbles terrorizes me, I'm often taken aback by how darn cute she is. Today she was sleeping on the top of sofa sitting up. She looks so sweet and innocent when she's not up to her evildoings. Maybe this cuteness part of a grand plot...

I stare at her and feel her mind is another universe I'll never understand. I have no idea what she's thinking most of the time. It doesn't seem as if there's anything going on up there---unless there is a small bug moving on the other side of the room. Maybe it's not a universe. Maybe it's a black hole. I can look at any dog and instantly know what's going on in its mind. Will I ever know Bobbles that well? Or are cats a big mystery to everyone?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2014, 11:43 PM
 
18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times
Reputation: 25990
Jasper is cute! He has adopted the new sofa as his personal cat bed. I got the sofa to match his fur...the only way to pick furniture, is to match it to pet fur!

He tried to jump on the chair today, fail...poor thing, he slides down the side. No claws.

He loves SO, so much...SO calls him a "filthy, stupid creature with a pea brain..." While he chops up some salmon for him from his plate...if you knew how much he talks to the cat...he literally talks to Jasper more than to me!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 AM
 
43,012 posts, read 88,958,716 times
Reputation: 30256
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jasper is cute! He has adopted the new sofa as his personal cat bed. I got the sofa to match his fur...the only way to pick furniture, is to match it to pet fur!
And clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
He loves SO, so much...SO calls him a "filthy, stupid creature with a pea brain..." While he chops up some salmon for him from his plate...if you knew how much he talks to the cat...he literally talks to Jasper more than to me!
My husband is having an affair with Bobbles too. She's a little temptress.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
6,719 posts, read 11,739,154 times
Reputation: 19354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm mean, come on, they're just adorable. As much as Bobbles terrorizes me, I'm often taken aback by how darn cute she is. Today she was sleeping on the top of sofa sitting up. She looks so sweet and innocent when she's not up to her evildoings. Maybe this cuteness part of a grand plot...
They ALL look so sweet and innocent when they're not up to their evildoings!












Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I stare at her and feel her mind is another universe I'll never understand. I have no idea what she's thinking most of the time. It doesn't seem as if there's anything going on up there---unless there is a small bug moving on the other side of the room. Maybe it's not a universe. Maybe it's a black hole. I can look at any dog and instantly know what's going on in its mind. Will I ever know Bobbles that well? Or are cats a big mystery to everyone?
Hopes, there will come a day when you THINK you know Bobbles well ... and then she will do something that blows you away (hopefully not literally! ).

Have we seen photos of her yet? Hmmm, I don't remember seeing any ... please consider that a request!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 AM
 
11,695 posts, read 16,443,612 times
Reputation: 16335
They are not from an other universe. We are:>) They allow us to spoil them, love onto them, laugh at their pranks, freak about their illnesses, get clothing and furniture which reminds us of their shades of fur and empty the box in exchange for a cat-scan, telling us their can opener is special, a reason to get up during the exciting part of a movie to serve treats and ice cream.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 07:02 AM
 
Location: zone 5
7,330 posts, read 12,547,889 times
Reputation: 9578
I agree that cats are more mysterious than dogs. It really fascinated me when we got our first cat, and I called her my little wild child. It partly depends on the cat too. She is the moodiest and most unpredictable of my 3. I understand a little more now than I did then, but part of the charm of cats is that undomesticated side they have, that makes them beings unto themselves. When dogs are trying to function as a team with us, the cats are figuring things out on their own, on their terms. It's why I also call her my Little Big Girl.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 AM
 
Location: On the west coast of the east coast
484 posts, read 588,245 times
Reputation: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
He loves SO, so much...SO calls him a "filthy, stupid creature with a pea brain..." While he chops up some salmon for him from his plate...if you knew how much he talks to the cat...he literally talks to Jasper more than to me!
This made me LOL so much. DH also talks and gives Camille so many treats, despite saying all the time he is not all that attached to her. He also scoops her up and carries her around (which she would NEVER accept from me). His denial is hilarious :P
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Colorado
9,734 posts, read 6,269,187 times
Reputation: 17549
Cats are a LOT easier to understand if you watch a lot of "My Cat From Hell." Seriously. Jackson's got the mysteries of cattitude all figured out. And amazingly, they actually are not THAT complicated. Most of their behaviors go back to a few important urges and needs and I think that there are really only a few major categories of personality types that most cats fit into.

Really, the one thing that remains a huge mystery to me and I would love to know...WHY do they stare at a random fixed point on the wall or ceiling or in space when there is NOTHING THERE. I really feel like the cat is playing a game of "made you look" when he does that...or seeing ghosts as some people believe, perhaps...?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM
 
Location: southern kansas
7,588 posts, read 5,102,618 times
Reputation: 16292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Cats are a LOT easier to understand if you watch a lot of "My Cat From Hell." Seriously. Jackson's got the mysteries of cattitude all figured out. And amazingly, they actually are not THAT complicated. Most of their behaviors go back to a few important urges and needs and I think that there are really only a few major categories of personality types that most cats fit into.

Really, the one thing that remains a huge mystery to me and I would love to know...WHY do they stare at a random fixed point on the wall or ceiling or in space when there is NOTHING THERE. I really feel like the cat is playing a game of "made you look" when he does that...or seeing ghosts as some people believe, perhaps...?
I have pondered that very question quite literally for years, and am now of the opinion that they aren't 'looking' with their eyes, but rather with their ears. There might be mice, insects, or whatever crawling around inside the walls which they can hear but we can't. Also, all structures move, flex, and make noises that most of the time we never notice, and they could be picking up on those too. I have no scientific studies to back this up, of course, so it's just my theory FWIW.

Then again, they could very well be playing 'Made Ya look', which wouldn't surprise me either.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2014, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh area
9,918 posts, read 19,683,339 times
Reputation: 5072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Really, the one thing that remains a huge mystery to me and I would love to know...WHY do they stare at a random fixed point on the wall or ceiling or in space when there is NOTHING THERE. I really feel like the cat is playing a game of "made you look" when he does that...or seeing ghosts as some people believe, perhaps...?
LOL Good one. And good point too above about the ears! Could well be.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top