Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 11:04 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

Bobbles likes going into the basement. She hunts bugs and spiders down there. Every time we go down, she's right behind us. Usually she comes back up when we call her. Sometimes she wants to stay. We'll close the door and leave her there until she announces that she's ready to come back to the real world.

Today she was obsessed with going to the basement. I was baking cookies and she started banging at the basement door. She had already been down there a billion times. Since I was busy and wanted to keep my hands clean, I told her no. She turned around and bitched at me! I told her no again, and she bitched back again! She was not happy with not having her way!

Is your cat bossy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 03:02 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Hopes, your descriptions of Bobbles always make me laugh.

I remember when you and your son first rescued her and all that was involved with that, and I think once again how lucky all of you were to find each other.

As for bossy kitties, only one of mine is (Annie), and she's more LOUD than bossy, especially when she wants a "treat" (she knows that word very well).

My kitties love to go in the basement (especially the mouser Einstein -- ugh!!!) and sometimes they'll go over to the basement door and look at me and sit in front of it and look at me some more. I just say "NO" in a loud voice and in a minute or two they go off and do other kitty things.

I think you needed to teach Bobbles the word "NO" a few months ago, lol!

Last edited by karen_in_nh_2012; 01-23-2014 at 03:55 AM..

Old 01-23-2014, 03:48 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,623 times
I used to have one.. He thought that every time I went into kitchen I had to feed him. If I didn't feed him, he would swat me with his claws.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
My kitties love to go in the basement (especially the mouser Einstein -- ugh!!!) and sometimes they'll go over to the basement door and look at me and sit in front of it and look at me some more. I just say "NO" in a loud voice and in a minute or two they go off and do other kitty things.
That's funny. No mice here. 18 years ago we could have used her for that. My husband has a lacrosse ball on the basement floor. Since the floor is extremely uneven, the ball rarely stops moving. Bobbles loves it. When it stops moving, she'll go bat it and it will start moving again for the longest time. Then she starts playing what looks like soccer.

We also know she's after bugs and spiders. (We love that she kills stinkbugs!) When she first started hunting them, her face would swell up from spider bite. She's better at killing them before she bites. Our basement is cleaner than it has ever been. No more cobwebs. The first few weeks she went down there, she would come up COVERED in cobwebs to the point she couldn't even see. She has cleared all of the low ones away. I'm looking forward to when she gets up into the floor joists so she can get the ones up high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I think you needed to teach Bobbles the word "NO" a few months ago, lol!
I did! "NO" makes her angry. She gets a crazy look in her eyes, like "How dare you!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartygurl View Post
I used to have one.. He thought that every time I went into kitchen I had to feed him. If I didn't feed him, he would swat me with his claws.
That's hilarious! He surely qualifies as bossy!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Bobbles likes going into the basement. She hunts bugs and spiders down there. Every time we go down, she's right behind us. Usually she comes back up when we call her. Sometimes she wants to stay. We'll close the door and leave her there until she announces that she's ready to come back to the real world.

Today she was obsessed with going to the basement. I was baking cookies and she started banging at the basement door. She had already been down there a billion times. Since I was busy and wanted to keep my hands clean, I told her no. She turned around and bitched at me! I told her no again, and she bitched back again! She was not happy with not having her way!

Is your cat bossy?
Oh yes. Three of my girls are quite bossy, but one in particular, Angel, is the worst one. She's very good at driving you crazy if she doesn't get what she wants when she want's it. She knows what 'no' means, but usually ignores it because it doesn't apply to her. She is a big girl and when she's complaining about something, you definitely know it and will do what it takes to shut her up. She's the textbook definition of spoiled, and I only have myself to blame for that. She got my number a long time ago and can play me like a fiddle.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:16 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Yeah, bossy for sure. Just mentioned in another post how Nimbus has increased appetite due to his steroid shot these days. He's learned how to say, "Mom." So he'll come and sit by me and STARE at me and say quietly, "Mom. Mom. Mommm...mum. Mom. Mom..mm...MOM!" in what can only be described as a high, whiny cat voice. If I try to grab or even touch him, he'll scamper off...seconds later he's back at it. It's like having a small child around, only with a more intense stare. Eventually if his demands are ignored he'll creep up by my feet and poke them with his claws.

He also fusses at me if I stay up past my bedtime out in the living room.

And he has informed our youngest son that he is not, under any circumstances, permitted to whistle. The other day, Stephen was holding the cat and started whistling a tune. Nimbus looked at him with his ears pinned back and launched himself at the kid's head, wrapping his paws around the sides of his head and covering his face with his body. "YOU WILL STOP THAT NOISE THIS INSTANT!"

lol

Old 01-23-2014, 11:24 AM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Have DH install a pet door to the basement.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,986,772 times
LOL............I can relate.

Now I have a cellar.........and 100+ year old stone cellar........that even I don't want to go into.

It's Lily's most favorite place in the house.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And bossy....... extremely so.......and she likes to hit....she's got a mean left jab.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Absolutely. My cats are the biggest nags ever. They can be incredibly single minded and persistent. I thought dogs were big nags until I got cats. They give up much more easily.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:49 PM

638 posts, read 992,611 times
ABSOLUTELY!! VERY vocal,demanding,fussy,spoiled and high maintenance. However,also VERY loving and entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats