Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

Then there are the kitties who in turn suffer discomfort for our amusement!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
If I realize I'm uncomfortable shortly after Bobbles climbs onto my chest to snuggle, I'll let her stay for as long as possible (5 to 10 minutes is my limit for uncomfortable) before moving her. If she has been there for a while, I'll move her as soon as I feel uncomfortable. I just don't want to shun her so shortly after she cuddles.

But what's up with sleeping against our legs? There's a whole huge bed! She wants to sleep right up against my calves. I've learned to pull my knees up to my chest to slide my legs around to the other side of her. I'm not complaining. It's better than her shoving her whiskers in my face all night long. I'm glad that phase is over

But she does this cute thing were she'll come up and reach out and touch our noses. I'm not really sure what the goal is with that. I've learned to not reach out and pet her (because then she'll attack me). Instead I say, "Go lay down." To my amazement she does!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Adorable picture, Huckleberry!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
After a while I started to cramp up so I shifted my position and they all looked at me as if to say "Knock it off, we're trying to sleep here !!"
I got that death stare from Cookie this morning when I dared to try to fold laundry on the bed while she was still lounging on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
But what's up with sleeping against our legs? There's a whole huge bed! She wants to sleep right up against my calves.
How many times to I have to tell you, Hopes ... She loves you! LOL

Usually I have Cookie at my waist, and Checkers either at my feet or behind my knees. Heck, why do I care - they're keeping me warm!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:38 AM

830 posts, read 1,665,690 times
My cat drives me nuts! She loves to sleep on my chest/neck/face. Plus she's a "kneader"--she spends a couple minutes purring and kneading before she lies down. If I push her away from my face, she will sleep on the pillow next to me with her face directly in mine. I can't kick her out though because then she won't shut up.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Of course they only want our own warms. In return they give some off of their own but it is not their main intention. They are notorious heat hogs.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:26 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Isn't a cat's body temperature warmer than ours? Of course, we're bigger than they are, so we have more heat-emitting real estate.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:38 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
I always lay there and take it except for the first thing in the morning when Earl plays "bladder massage therapist" and I absolutely can't take it. I'm just too old to pee the bed - I refuse - so I have to push him off and get up. It's always me, always right on the bladder, and he's like a magnet. He never bothers my husband. Wonder if they have some sort of "pact"?

Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Oh yes:>) But when SO stayed home during the ice yesterday and nursed his cold with a hot water bottle and Nurse Cha-Cha on the bottle all day - what are little nightly cramps compared to that.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I always lay there and take it except for the first thing in the morning when Earl plays "bladder massage therapist" and I absolutely can't take it. I'm just too old to pee the bed - I refuse - so I have to push him off and get up. It's always me, always right on the bladder, and he's like a magnet. He never bothers my husband. Wonder if they have some sort of "pact"?
Oscar likes to take a runny leap from his high up perch on the cat tree, one bounce on the bed and then he lands it on my bladder. He should be in the Feline Olympics.

"Now ladies and Gentlemen...we have Oscar Fuzzy Butt from USA Feline Gymnastic Team with his perfected Bladder Bounce".

He takes great pride in his landings and I swear he takes a bow when he hops over to my face. He always has such a self satisfied look on his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats