Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 10:03 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times

Advertisements

wish I could sleep so soundly.

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalFreak...2007551122797/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 05:28 PM

2,500 posts, read 6,294,955 times
No Cage Can Hold This Cat Escape Artist (VIDEO) | One Green Planet

Old 03-19-2016, 06:12 PM

30,229 posts, read 15,988,536 times
looks and brains too!

Old 03-20-2016, 10:57 AM

the tall grass and what looks like standing water bother me but other than that obviously this man loves his kitties.

https://www.facebook.com/awwwlovers/...2568815276740/

Old 03-21-2016, 02:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,244,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
the tall grass and what looks like standing water bother me but other than that obviously this man loves his kitties.

https://www.facebook.com/awwwlovers/...2568815276740/
The man's name is Craig (IIRC), and the place he had in Florida was Caboodle Ranch. He had something like 300 or 400 cats that he took care of. He kept an online blog that posted updates & asked for donations. All the cats supposedly were well fed, spayed & neutered, & received all the medical care they needed, and the pics he posted seemed to show healthy cats. He had a few volunteers that helped him, but it was basically a one-man operation.
A few years ago he started having trouble with some of the local neighbors, and it ended up that he was raided by the local authorities & PETA, who accused him of animal hoarding & abuse. They said they found evidence that some of the cats were suffering, and not getting proper medical care. I don't know what the truth is either way, but they pretty much shut him down and confiscated nearly all of the cats. I imagine the outcome for so many cats wasn't good. His blog stayed up for a while showing how upset he was over what happened, and requested donations for legal fees to try & get his cats back.
It was a sad affair all around, but I think it was a situation where he truly did the best he could for the cats, but was just overwhelmed.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:00 PM

13,499 posts, read 18,085,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
....I'm convinced cats carry on like that when we are in the shower because they are truly afraid for our safety. The shower is noisy and we are all alone in there without them to protect us.
I had a cat when I lived in NYC, just an ordinary tortoise shell guy.

It was an old apt. bldg. with a fairly large tub, and at the lower end a large window with a deep tile sill.
When I took a shower my cat started standing on his hind legs and peeking around the end of the curtain at me. He was really curious about this activity.

One day I turned around and he had jumped over onto the window sill - so he was essentially in the shower, but dry, and was carefully peeking around the corner at me. Hmmmm. After a couple of times I flicked some water at him, and he ducked back. But it did not deter him, he still continued to jump over onto the window sill and be the voyeur.

Eventually he lost interest, and would just sit on the toilet seat and wait until I got out. There was NO bathroom privacy for any function. Close the door and this otherwise not particularly vocal cat would raise hell...yowling like he was being tortured. Maybe it was because his litter box was also in the bathroom.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:43 PM

29,418 posts, read 22,307,026 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYYwM6aNegs

Old 03-21-2016, 06:34 PM

30,229 posts, read 15,988,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
don't know who I like better-the photographer or the kitty.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
The man's name is Craig (IIRC), and the place he had in Florida was Caboodle Ranch. He had something like 300 or 400 cats that he took care of. He kept an online blog that posted updates & asked for donations. All the cats supposedly were well fed, spayed & neutered, & received all the medical care they needed, and the pics he posted seemed to show healthy cats. He had a few volunteers that helped him, but it was basically a one-man operation.
A few years ago he started having trouble with some of the local neighbors, and it ended up that he was raided by the local authorities & PETA, who accused him of animal hoarding & abuse. They said they found evidence that some of the cats were suffering, and not getting proper medical care. I don't know what the truth is either way, but they pretty much shut him down and confiscated nearly all of the cats. I imagine the outcome for so many cats wasn't good. His blog stayed up for a while showing how upset he was over what happened, and requested donations for legal fees to try & get his cats back.
It was a sad affair all around, but I think it was a situation where he truly did the best he could for the cats, but was just overwhelmed.
I remember that now. I think this happens more than we know. Somebody is known as the lady who will take unwanted cats and before she knows it she is inundated with dropped off cats. Then is accused of being a hoarder. The people who drop off cats with people like this are to blame..not the wonderful souls who take them in. It's not like they run around with nets catching cats to take home!

Old 03-22-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I had a cat when I lived in NYC, just an ordinary tortoise shell guy.

It was an old apt. bldg. with a fairly large tub, and at the lower end a large window with a deep tile sill.
When I took a shower my cat started standing on his hind legs and peeking around the end of the curtain at me. He was really curious about this activity.

One day I turned around and he had jumped over onto the window sill - so he was essentially in the shower, but dry, and was carefully peeking around the corner at me. Hmmmm. After a couple of times I flicked some water at him, and he ducked back. But it did not deter him, he still continued to jump over onto the window sill and be the voyeur.

Eventually he lost interest, and would just sit on the toilet seat and wait until I got out. There was NO bathroom privacy for any function. Close the door and this otherwise not particularly vocal cat would raise hell...yowling like he was being tortured. Maybe it was because his litter box was also in the bathroom.
No, it was because something else was taking your attention and you were not available to be his slave!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats