Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 11:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

I was searching for an old thread and discovered I created 41 threads about Bobbles in the past 8 months.

Is it obvious I have been obsessed with Bobbles?

I wanted to post an update. I'm hoping to post a picture in this thread soon. I have the camera charging.

She is turning out to be quite the little lady. She's still a small girl but she's huge compared to when we found her. When I was petting her today, I realized her head is almost the size of her body back then even though she probably only weighs 7 or 8 pounds at the most. (I'll weigh her later.)

Her manners have improved tremendously. I'm sure it's part spay and part time out. Time outs are working. I haven't had to kick her out of the room in the middle of the night for a month. I only do that when she goes crazy on my head. (Hiding under the covers does NOT work because she thinks that's a game.) Over the past few weeks as soon as she puts her mouth on me in bed, I pick her up and gently put her on the floor. It's a high four poster bed so she's way down there. She used to get angry eyes and jump back up at me, but now she just goes away without incident. It's becoming more rare--like a few times a month instead of a few times a day or week.

There's lots of cuddling. She's not big on being petted unless it's on her terms when she decides it's time to jump up on me. Even when I'm in a sitting position, she climbs onto my chest. She literally walks on my breasts. Why can't she be in my lap like a normal cat? I'm NOT large breasted so this is more like magic act or a tightrope walk. It hurts like hell too, but I try not to flinch in pain because I know she's try to give and get some loving.

My son will be home visiting in 6 weeks. I can't wait to see his reaction to how big she is. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to remember he was her surrogate mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 11:22 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
No one is tired of hearing about Bobbles, and if they are, they can just skip your threads. That's what the cat forum is for...talking about our kitties!

I'm glad that she's settling down and things are a little more peaceful.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Sick of Bobbles? Don't be ridiculous!

I'm sorry I LOL'd when I read about her thinking that you're playing games with her when you hide your head under the covers. That just sounds so cute!

Can't wait to see her picture.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:28 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
To answer your question, no. I can't believe there are really 41 threads! It doesn't seem like it.
The "tightrope walk" is hilarious. Well, for others more than for you I guess.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
IMO, I would rather have you ask a question about Bobbles and learn something, so no I don't have a problem with your posts. I'm glad things are improving! Eliminating those hormones can really make a difference.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Tired of hearing about Bobbles?; Absolutely not! As a matter of fact I was thinking about you & her just yesterday & wondering how she was doing. Glad to hear she's calmed down and not attacking you like she was. I'm not surprised though, as I've seen how spaying/neutering has improved our cats temperament many times before. Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing that pic.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
I love hearing about Bobbles. I haven't posted on a Bobbles thread before but I read them. As a man wth a formerly fierce feral cat I always like to hear good stories. There are plenty of sad ones.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
Nope, I'm not a bit tired of hearing about little Bobbles either. It should be more like, 8 months and you ONLY have 41 posts about your cat ??? what's wrong with you, woman??? I love hearing about how she is taming down and really becoming part of your family. I remember early on when you commented that you really didn't "love" her like you thought you should. I knew you'd come around given time - and so you did!!! Keep up the good work, and the good stories!!!

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD.....I LOVE READING AND HEARING ABOUT ANY OF THE KITTIES OF ANY OF THE KITTIE LOVING CRAZY PEOPLE HERE ON CD. STORIES, PICTURES, VIDEOS, WHATEVER - KEEP EM' COMING!!! ALL KITTIES....ALL THE TIME!!!!!

Old 02-25-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I remember early on when you commented that you really didn't "love" her like you thought you should.
I know I broke people's hearts with that post, but I was going through a very difficult time in my life. I was very depressed, I had nowhere to turn, and I was worried I wasn't going to be able to do right by Bobbles. If I shared what was happening in my family at that time (a very seriously ill family member) and how imprisoned I felt by the circumstances, you'd completely understand why I felt drained and like there wasn't anything left to give. Fortunately, everything is better and all of that is behind us. I appreciate the encouragement everyone provided during that time.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 PM

It's like Bobbles knew we were talking about her. She just climbed up on my chest and went to sleep.

Fortunately, I'm laying down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats