Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 04:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,244,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleynbongo View Post
My girlfriends cat bit my son not to long ago. My son was just crouched down and looking at him, he was fascinated by the "meow" (that's what he calls the cat) and boom...there was a grab by the cat, and a bite on the arm. Then he took off running. My son just looked up at me as if to say "what just happened". He was confused, but I chose not to make a big deal in front of my son in fear he'd freak out and be afraid.

I dealt with the cat my own way, and gave it a piece of it's own medicine. Bite my son for no reason, I'll retaliate. I've never had such satisfaction getting even with that devil, as I did the look on it's face from coming out of the dryer after being tumbled around for a few minutes.

I agree, they shouldn't have called 911. IT IS A CAT...NOT A MURDERER!
Nope.... not falling for this one.
Hopefully no one else will either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Nope.... not falling for this one.
Hopefully no one else will either.
I'll happily do it again, AND post pics if you'd like. I hate this cat with a passion. It thinks it owns the house. BS, I OWN the house!

Old 03-18-2014, 04:48 PM

23 posts, read 63,759 times
The cat has been sent to a local animal shelter:

Ferocious feline 'Lux' who prompted 911 call now at county shelter - National Pet Rescue | Examiner.com

Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 PM

20,210 posts, read 14,434,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleynbongo View Post
I'll happily do it again, AND post pics if you'd like. I hate this cat with a passion. It thinks it owns the house. BS, I OWN the house!
Then find the cat another home where it's not hated with a passion. Seriously.

Pet ownership: You're doing it wrong.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith-great View Post
Yep, but fortunately due to the exposure the story has received, as this article puts it "there is a line out the door" of people who want to adopt this cat. As long as the shelter isn't some crazy PETA type place, or one with a policy of putting down any animal with a history of altercation...he'll find a new home.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,299,393 times
This savage animal needs to be put to sleep.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
This savage animal needs to be put to sleep.
*looks around*

Where are they all coming from??

Look man, this is the cat forum. People who don't understand cats, or don't WANT to understand cats...probably need not apply.

Not every animal should be around small children, or left unsupervised with them when they are too young to know not to grab and pull on 'em. I am acquainted with many dogs I wouldn't want my kids anywhere near. Doesn't mean they all need to be put to sleep.

There are no bad pets, only bad owners...

Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,299,393 times
That isn't true. Some of the animal lovers out there seem to have it ingrained in their minds that animals can't be savage. They indeed can, and those animals shouldn't be around people at all.

I say that as someone who used to have a cat and I loved him dearly. He was the sweetest cat and everyone adored him. He was one of those very affectionate and social Siamese cats.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:02 PM

Domestic animals don't tend to be born savage, with the really rare case that might be some bad brain chemistry (the equivalent of people born with severe mental disorders.)

But I really, really don't think this cat was anything like that at all. This family had this cat for many years as a beloved pet. Then the child comes along, and they don't supervise or do anything to make sure it's not going to be a problem really, kid gets a hold of cat and the rest is history.

This wasn't a savage animal.

This is an animal that should not live with kids.

It may or may not be OK with other animals, and the shelter should assess that. Most of them do. Ever wonder why you go to shelters to adopt and see on cage cards that some animals should not be in a home with children? This is why.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:08 PM

114 posts, read 190,477 times
Yes those animals are the wildcats that live feral and are so afraid of people they run away. These are the ones you need bird of prey gloves for. This here isn't like that at all its an abused cat that is very unhealthy/very trumatized from the baby grabbing it and the dad kicking it. The cat shouldn't have to die for what it did.
The dog in the dog debate/check dog forum on here actually harmed a child and yes should be pts because of the damage done.

I would ban the family from having pets to begin with as they fed dry which oviousaly shows how much they care, the cat would have died from their care anyway. 22 lbs for a cat is very disturbing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats