Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times

Advertisements

because if they did it with their kids they would go to jail.
the humane society, is a disposal system for animals, humanely done, but mass killing machine anyway you look at it.
people would not leave, they would be around to explain why they abandon their pets if anybody was interested in listening-- but they are not.
we live in a me first ism society, its a national malady.
positon of most neighbors is please clean up b4 you drop dead, dont leave a mess for me ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,033 times
Default Stray cats......

I live on a dead end and we have had cats dropped off at the end of the road. One of the cats stayed around our house and was eating the dogs food. So, I had to go buy cat food and she became a permanent resident.
The cat got fat, we just sort of ignored this, and then got thin. Next thing you know, my son finds kittens! So, my cat-free home was over run with kittens! We were able to get homes for all but one. Then, you guessed it, the mother cat got fat again. We were sort of in denial about this until she had more kittens in the shed.
When the second litter was almost weaned, the mother disappeared. We never did figure out what happened to her. We were able to give all but one away again. So, now I am down to 2 cats. I did come to my senses and have them fixed.
I enjoy having them around, but am not a cat person. All this because someone just couldn't do the responsible thing.

Lori

Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 PM

429 posts, read 684,698 times
im currently feeding a stray that someone has left behind.its in my lease that im not supposed to feed it but i cant stand to see suffering.he is so appreciative!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:21 PM

15 posts, read 35,924 times
Default Abandoned cats

If it makes you feel better, your not the only one. I have 7 that were dumped or left behind. I have been trying to find homes for them but it's hard because they are not that easy to place. I live in Hawaii (which is beautiful) but soooo many cats are left behind when thier owners move. I take my hat off to you for trying your best. yes, they would stare if you didn't feed them. Hopefully there is a no kill shelter in your area that may take them. I worked with one here for quite a while (300 cats). Try calling around or maybe I could find out if there is one in your area. I'm guessing you have gone on line looking for shelters? Anyway, Good luck.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:34 PM

60 posts, read 246,580 times
NormanThomas: The no kill shelter I have talked to will only take cats when you bring them in. So far I have not been able to get friendly enough with these two to catch them. However, I am making progress with the grey long-haired one. Now he has taken to telling me in no uncertain terms when his food dish is empty. This morning he smelled my finger. I haven't tried to pet him yet. I know he wouldn't accept it. However, I am hopeful because he obviously belonged to someone once. He responds to "kitty, kitty" by talking back. The smaller tabby has not been around lately. I'm not sure what happened to him, but I can tell he is totally feral. We'll see what happens. At this point the big grey is in no danger of starving to death, I'll keep you all posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats