U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:29 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,990,123 times

Advertisements

I suspect that all of our cats have their own favorite trick to play on their humans.

My two have taken to having one gain my attention in a very cute manner while the other one unties my shoelaces. Continually.

Hence they are now termed my kittybrats.

What tricks do your cats have in store for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,613,791 times
Joe hides things. He steals items like my phone, keys and wallet. He also hides cat toys in my bed which is the reason all cat toys are soft.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:54 AM

4,291 posts, read 2,819,363 times
Stealing my seat or worse, stealing my pillow. I toss & turn a lot at night and I am consistently flipping my pillow, moving my pillow, etc. There have been many times I go to move the pillow and it is very heavy. Hmmmm, I wonder why. Or if I get up in the middle of the night, by the time I get back, someone is on my pillow.

And if they are hungry-they LOVE to walk on my hair, back & forth, lick my face, etc, etc. They make it seem like they really love me when in fact, they just want me to get up so I will feed them.

Cat

Old 04-13-2014, 12:57 PM

4,631 posts, read 7,231,614 times
Charcoal steals my pens while I am working. I work at home so it is a nuisance. I find them in the strangest places - even buried in his litter box.

Lily used to rifle through my jewelry armoire and hide what she fancied. I no longer keep jewelry in the armoire. It's all in a drawer now.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:55 PM

7,658 posts, read 5,144,145 times
It's not necessarily a trick, but more like a cute habit. My girl Gypsy loves to lay in my lap when I'm in the recliner. But she will not jump up directly to my lap. She jumps up on the arm of the chair and then the back of the chair behind my head. Then she puts her front paws down on my shoulder (usually the left one) and rubs her cheek on the side of my face and purrs up a storm. She will stay there and keep doing that until I say "Yes... you may", only then will she walk down my chest and curl up in my lap. If I say anything else (and I've tried other words), she won't move. I didn't train her to do this, she came up with it all on her own. It's like she's asking permission to get in my lap, and I've never known of a cat asking for permission to do anything.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:27 PM

4,291 posts, read 2,819,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It's not necessarily a trick, but more like a cute habit. My girl Gypsy loves to lay in my lap when I'm in the recliner. But she will not jump up directly to my lap. She jumps up on the arm of the chair and then the back of the chair behind my head. Then she puts her front paws down on my shoulder (usually the left one) and rubs her cheek on the side of my face and purrs up a storm. She will stay there and keep doing that until I say "Yes... you may", only then will she walk down my chest and curl up in my lap. If I say anything else (and I've tried other words), she won't move. I didn't train her to do this, she came up with it all on her own. It's like she's asking permission to get in my lap, and I've never known of a cat asking for permission to do anything.

I have a Laz-Y-Boy rocker. My Electra will come from the right, jump up on the back-which rocks WAY back which gives me a start because sometimes I don't see her about ready to do this. You would think it would be easier for her to jump on the arm first and then the back-but nope. She goes right to the top. Sometimes she stays there but other times she will then come down on the left arm-usually after me coaxing her because I hate it when the chair is WAY back. She must have something for my head. lol

Cat

Old 04-14-2014, 09:42 AM

369 posts, read 562,309 times
When Toby wants to go outside, he'll start rolling around on the living room floor and lay with his belly exposed. He knows I can't resist it, and as soon as I get up to rub his belly he leaps up and rushes to the door. I know he's going to do it and yet I still try, hoping I can get to him before he gets up. But of course he's much faster than I am! I never let him out afterward and he still does it, maybe that's my trick on him.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM

9,871 posts, read 6,324,102 times
If I'm sitting on the floor for any reason, Nimbus will hide and then rush out and charge me, jump up with his paws on my shoulder, and start chewing my hair. If I turn and look at him, he gives me this like like, "WHAT??" and runs off before I can touch him.

He also likes to hide behind the recliner, and if I peer around the side at him, he'll leap towards my face and try to startle me.

These are little mock play-attacks. He never hurts me. He's just being a goof.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,950,666 times
Cailleach is our thief, Suze is our food beggar (when they decide they need their wet food Suze will come and beg for it)
and the two cats and the dog love to play the lights on and off game. We have motion sensor lights through the house and they all 3 know how to turn those lights on and where they have to stand for them to turn off, just to turn them on again.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:48 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,613,791 times
That's sweet catdad, I had a cat that would put his feet on my lap and wait until I acknowledged him before he'd jump up. They truly are individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats