Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 07:49 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times

Advertisements

don't miss all the pictures. think there are 36 or so.

https://www.facebook.com/spirit.abli...?stream_ref=10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,356,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
don't miss all the pictures. think there are 36 or so.

https://www.facebook.com/spirit.abli...?stream_ref=10
What a wonderful rescue, and an awesome cat.
Thanks for posting.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,986,772 times
What a wonderful story!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2016, 10:20 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustonprincess View Post
HAPPENING NOW....SPIRIT A BLIND CAT HAS BEEN TAKEN!!!
Not buying it.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Not buying it.
I have no idea if this is legit, or not. But I do wonder, as this post is rather wordy and dramatic. Would be interesting to know the whole story... from both sides.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:11 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I have no idea if this is legit, or not. But I do wonder, as this post is rather wordy and dramatic. Would be interesting to know the whole story... from both sides.
Yes.

I should expand on my rather blunt statement. It was pretty much a knee-jerk reaction that I tend to have when someone begs for assistance, but only a very specific kind. (Like only wanting a lawyer who has a proven track record of "exceptional results".)

Yes, she does need legal assistance, badly. She needs someone who is knowledgeable in the local laws to explain what is going on to her. I don't know anything beyond what she wrote there, but my inclination is to think that the seizure had something to do with her operating a rescue facility without proper licensure, or zoning, or something along those lines. Considering her obvious distrust of the "system", I sincerely hope that someone who has been supportive to her over the years can refer her to someone with the ability to rationally explain these things to her.

Her passion for her animals is obvious. And I do hope that she gets the assistance that she seems to need.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Yes.

I should expand on my rather blunt statement. It was pretty much a knee-jerk reaction that I tend to have when someone begs for assistance, but only a very specific kind. (Like only wanting a lawyer who has a proven track record of "exceptional results".)

Yes, she does need legal assistance, badly. She needs someone who is knowledgeable in the local laws to explain what is going on to her. I don't know anything beyond what she wrote there, but my inclination is to think that the seizure had something to do with her operating a rescue facility without proper licensure, or zoning, or something along those lines. Considering her obvious distrust of the "system", I sincerely hope that someone who has been supportive to her over the years can refer her to someone with the ability to rationally explain these things to her.

Her passion for her animals is obvious. And I do hope that she gets the assistance that she seems to need.
It also occurred to me that, although well meaning, she may have been in over her head and not able to physically or financially keep up with her animals. A not uncommon occurrence.

Anyway, moot point, as I see her post has disappeared... as I expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats