Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times

Advertisements

Annie, make sure the pic you want to upload doesn't need to be resized. Resize it to small or medium. Click on the paperclip, then choose picture, then upload. You won't see it until you click reply or preview. If the picture is too large, you get a message you may not have noticed in the upload box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
I tried - will have to figure out photobucket.

Weighed kitten this morning - and she has gained a full ounce!

Last edited by NY Annie; 05-05-2014 at 08:43 AM..

Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Linking from Facebook won't work unless either your photos are set to public (and even then I don't know for sure) or we're your FB friends, which we are generally...not.

I highly recommend Photobucket. It's a free account and pretty easy to use, you just upload photos from your computer or even your phone, and once they are in your library there, there's a button that looks like a chain, for "links" and it gives you several options for sharing your picture. The one you want is for forums. You click the text and it copies automatically, then come back here to your post and right click/paste, or simply ctrl-v to paste the text of the image link here. When you submit your post, your pic shows up.

Now if you have the pictures in your Facebook, but not saved on whatever computer you are posting from (like, in a folder or on your desktop) then there is no way I know of to just link straight from Facebook to here. You need to first download your photo from Facebook, save it to your computer, and then either use that paperclip thing to grab it from your computer to here, or else upload it from your computer to Photobucket and then link it from Photobucket to here.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:52 AM

No new pics of the Tribble taken - yes, we've changed her name. She is slowly losing her Phyllis Diller look and she now weighs a whopping 12.3 ounces! That's right, nearly double her weight in just 2 weeks. She has the sweetest personality - loves to nuzzle our noses, grooms us, and just purrs and trills when being held. She is clearly a Daddy's girl. Her deformed paws and legs aren't holding her back from racing around and climbing. We are doing some pt with her to try to help her build muscle and get better control of her legs.

And, there are pics on Photobucket. Now if I can just upload them.....http://

This is her now at 8 weeks old. I've had her for 2 full weeks. She still fits in my hand. This was at an animal rescue board meeting where she was the hit of the evening, picking out what car magnets she liked best.

Last edited by NY Annie; 05-13-2014 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: caption

Old 05-13-2014, 12:01 PM

This was her the first day:

Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Oh my... what a precious little girl you have there. She truly had to be on death's door when you got her, but looks to be doing much better now. It's wonderful thing you're doing for her, and your Good Karma balance sheet is definitely in the red.
Thanks for posting the pics & please keep us updated.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:58 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
That scruffy little girl is just adorable! Good job!

Old 05-13-2014, 04:32 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
The image still has to be hosted somewhere like photobucket.com. I wish pics were as easy to add here as they are on Facebook.
Not being a jerk ... I have NO idea what hosting entails, but all my pictures where posted to CD just by using the paperclip icon.
I have a MAC maybe that's why it's easier to do.

I hit the paperclip, hit the choose a file button (top left of the drop down screen) click on the file number I want to post (from my downloads) on a second drop down screen, that comes down over the top of the first one once that happens, I hit UPLOAD.

Then I close the window, click on the paperclip again, it will say manage attachments, click on thatMiracle kitten-dsc02919.jpg BELOW the words "Manage Attachments, and it posts.

It is possible that I missed an important detail on how to do it this way, so let me know if you need me to retrace my steps.

What I need to learn now, is how to photoshop the phonebook out of the picture

She IS Adorable!

Just so you know, when someone posts pictures via photobucket et al, it is possible to browse all their pictures associated? with the one they meant to post

Last edited by leanansidhex; 05-13-2014 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM

You're welcome to browse all my photobucket pics. We have the one with the turkey in our yard at our house in NYC and the one pic of my previous rescue kitty, Tiny. He was so named because of his size. When I rescued him at around 2 months, he only weighed 1 pound. But his teeth and abilities indicated he was at least 2 months. He is still with us.

Leanansidhex, your kitty looks like my oldest kitty, except she has a black smudge on her face.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Phyllis Diller - LOVE it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats