U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 AM

13,219 posts, read 17,758,482 times

Advertisements

Fingers and paws are crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 06:39 AM

18,433 posts, read 29,474,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
You are a dear to not only take such good care of her kitties but to also let her know her baby was so ill. No doubt she would have wanted to spend some time with her "just in case" the news turned out to be bad - after just having lost her father - and I'm just so very glad that you were there when you were to see Tigger. For her to approach you while she was feeling that badly - she was asking for help. I will absolutely keep her and her family in my prayers - and I hope that her vet can do something to help her and make her comfortable. Sending all of you a hug and many healing thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Candace. You know we are all friends. She and her husband, Jamie and I. I was visiting with my elderly neighbor who has fallen and is in a rehab facility right now. My friends husband called me in the middle of the day and he has never called me before, ever. I knew something had happened.

Ijust really hope Tigger will be ok. I feel so awful and wish there was more I could do. I keep going over it and thinking maybe I should have stayed out there.

I guess I need to stop beating myself up over it. I stressed stressed stressed that she needed to be seen by a vet and they came straight home, so that is good.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:46 AM

I just noticed a message on my phone and Tigger is responding well and doing a bit better but they have also found out that she was going into kidney failure.

Oh goodness. =( She is being treated for that now as well.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM

2,326 posts, read 2,071,116 times
I feel for you (and them). They've just dealt with a family death, and now a sick kitty.:-( I give kudos to you for stressing the importance of taking her to the vet. I sure hope she pulls through and comes home soon.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 AM

7,330 posts, read 13,223,996 times
Tigger and her family sure are having a rough time of it! And you. Even though there's nothing you could or should have done differently, I know how easy it is to question yourself regardless. And it must be so hard to see your kitty friend like that. If they can get a handle on the other things, the kidney failure may take a long time to progress. I hope that will be the case and Tigger will have a lot of pretty healthy time left.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:29 AM

8,450 posts, read 5,805,547 times
Thoughts & prayers go out to your friends, Tigger, and you. Hope they can buy her some quality time.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:02 AM

I waiting to hear back from her on how Tigger is doing today. Thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Tigger and her humans!

Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,241,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I offered to take her to the vet and they said they were going to wait and see her. She called me as soon as she got home and asked me what happened and the amount of time between when I left this morning and when I got there this afternoon.

She called me as I was typing this. Seems she had a blood clot which caused a stroke. She was much worse by the time they got home. There was 45 minutes between the time I called and when they got home.
It's a darn shame she didn't let you take her to the vet. There's no reason for you to feel badly. You did what the owner wanted. It's not your fault.

I just did a google and discovered that cat strokes aren't usually as serious and permanent as people strokes.

Here's an article written by a vet that has two videos, one of a cat shortly after stroke and another of a cat 5 weeks after stroke.

Feline Stroke: It DOES Exist and Can Have a Good Prognosis

This article says most cats return to normal in 2 to 3 weeks but some cats take longer.

If you think your cat has had a stroke, get emergency care immediately | BJ Bangs: Paws For ReflectionBJ Bangs: Paws For Reflection

Old 05-22-2014, 02:16 PM

4,760 posts, read 3,187,386 times
I hope Tigger is doing ok.

Cat

Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM

I got a text a little bit ago saying they picked her up from the vet and she is doing much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or