Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:02 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

Had one years ago and he was the sweetest baby ever.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...d3f4bd6a172a08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:12 AM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
and they're cute!

Old 09-12-2014, 09:09 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Love black cats. One of our cats is mostly black...a little white on chin and paws...very handsome!

Old 09-12-2014, 09:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
And they just make you look good!

Old 09-12-2014, 12:25 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Another reason is that they go on sale! I went to the shelter to get a black cat because they were being given away free, already fixed and microchipped, no adoption fee -- the superstitious peasants where I live think they are bad luck. The oldest kitten in the kitten room was black and SUCH a nice guy. They said nobody else had ever even looked at him, not once. So I was the lucky one who got him!!!! Free!!!!!

He is one of the nicest cats imaginable, so nice that the other cats go to him and put their heads down and he cleans their ears for them. Whenever I go to the utility room to do anything, he follows me in and ostentatiously uses the catbox to show me that he has good catbox skills. (Not everyone in the house does, alas.) he has been trying to prove himself to me this way ever since I brought him home and spent a lot of time showing him where the boxes were and how I wanted him to use them. He tries VERY hard to be a good kitteh.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:58 PM

112 posts, read 301,113 times
I read somewhere that aside from being superstitious, people dont' want black cats because they don't photograph well, so you won't have the perfect selfie to post on social media. I don't know if that's really a thing or not, but just the thought of that being a reason they are left sitting in the shelter is mind boggling!

I happen to think my black kitty photographs just fine... being so handsome and all! And black is slimming, so I think I look slimmer next to him!

And as someone above me noted... they're always on sale!

Old 09-12-2014, 02:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1228 View Post
I read somewhere that aside from being superstitious, people dont' want black cats because they don't photograph well, so you won't have the perfect selfie to post on social media. I don't know if that's really a thing or not, but just the thought of that being a reason they are left sitting in the shelter is mind boggling!

I happen to think my black kitty photographs just fine... being so handsome and all! And black is slimming, so I think I look slimmer next to him!

And as someone above me noted... they're always on sale!
I think Kitty Katty takes a perfectly fine selfie......he is a couple of posts up!

That is nuts!

Old 09-12-2014, 03:01 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
My rescue from under the house, who mom left behind since she got stuck where she couldn't get out, is solid black. Even the bottom coat is black. I stood by the wall and meowed back to her, moving down the wall for two days to draw her to the plumbing access I'd opened and this little black kitten, the length of my hand comes strutting out and came directly to me and nuzzled. She thinks of me as Mom. In honor of the mother godess, I named her Isis.

She's smart and active and keeps the other smaller cats in shape since she won't let them just lounge. Chasing back and forth and play fighting was much better. She has siamese in her, eyes and body shape and definately personality. She makes sure everyone gets exercise.

I've had several black cats and they all were great pets and had vivid personalitites. I have a couple of them now since so many people let them wander outside here, and a black cat will never blend. There is a pair of barn owls who consider my corner their territory.

She just landed in my lap to tell me that she was done playing and would like her kitty milk now.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:59 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
BLACK CATS.....

My first cat was a BLACK CAT. Her name was Morgan and she had me from the first time in my hands. Looked up at me as a kitten and as if said, "This human is mine! I have them!"

Panther? I giggled silently from the waiting room when I took her in for a nail trim and heard her YOWLS from the treatment room, thinking, "WHO LET THAT PANTHER IN HERE?"

But that was a score ago when I got her and a decade ago, we had to part ways, her to another life.

Now, I'm a parent to another pair of BLACK CATS, a pair of tortoise strays (in addition to my house cats), named Melinda and Warren. Whatever else they may be, they are still BLACK CATS, still are witch's cats....even if they don't think so. I house them, I take care of them, I take them to the Vet, they are chipped, but they think in very free, very independent ways.

BLACK CATS......I can never turn from them for they are so familiar.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:36 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
The number 11 reason to adopt a black cat-

because they're a cat that needs a home.... that just happens to be black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats