U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 AM

802 posts, read 2,032,574 times

Advertisements

You and Buddy are in my thoughts....after living in Atlanta for 20+ years and putting up with 'GOD ALMIGHTY" Delta Airlines I wouldn't ship a box of S#!T on Delta, barely will fly them myself and currently have 3 frequent flyers tickets available. I hate that arrogant Airline and their employees who think they own everything and are owed everything . I was truly hoping the Bankruptcy would put them out of business.

please let us know how BUddy is, and you too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,430,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenskagirl2 View Post
OH MY GOD....Delta airlines lost my ragdoll cat! I put my kitty on a Delta plane today, and I just found out they LOST my cat at JFK. God only knows where he is. I do not know if he is warm or safe. At the RDU airport I saw a sign about a missing cat that DELTA lost last month. I joked about not losing my kitty, and This guy "Max" said "oh, we didn't like him. no not really" and I got a bull sh@t story about a weak kennel that cat was in and how it was not their fault. Now lets see. I gave Delta Airlines my cat to put on a plane. They misplaced my pet. Deta does not call me to tell me they lost my pet. I can't get a person on the phone to tell me where the cat is. Yep, I call that losing my pet. UPDATE: I have been told Buddy will be kenneled overnight and will arrive in Burlington Vt. at 10:45, 2nd hand news from friends who were to pick Buddy up. No WRONG , My friends in Burlington where lied to by Delta. They do not know where my cat is. UP DATE: 2:00 am. Jan.1st, Four Hours on the phone with Delta Airlines and you can't talk to person who even cares . I got one woman from Delta Airlines who had the gall to tell me and I quote " Cats are resilient animals, I am sure your cat is fine". Yea right, I asked her if you lost my child on a flight, would you say the same thing? Scary thing is Delta has a the lost and found animal dept. So that tells me losing animals is something Delta Airlines does often... Called JFK again. They are still trying to find Buddy. My poor cat in a small kennel for now thirteen hours, and Delta could care less.
UPDATE: 2:25 am. Jan.1st. Delta found him! Some good news, but now they tell me they won't let him out of his kennel to go potty. I am told he must stay in his small kennel until 9:00 am. At 9:00 am Delta will send him to the JFK animal kennels where he will be let out of his cage and be given a litter box. I want every person at Delta Airlines to have to hold their pee for twenty two hours! This cat was a passenger that I in trusted Delta to take care of. This makes me sick. I will update more after I learn more.. Happy New Year... and please do not fly your pets on Delta Airlines.
UPDATE: 2:27pm. My boy Buddy is now on a Delta Airplane to Burlington Vermont. I found out that JFK Animal Kennels has NO Vet there today. So again Delta lied to me and Buddy did not get any vet care, and the JFK Animal Kennels told me he did not or can not pee. When he gets off the plane he will be rushed to an emergency vet office for proper care. Please say a prayer for my baby, and please Do Not Let Your Pets Fly Delta Airlines. Please let me know if you have had anything go wrong with your pets flying Delta. I will post more when I hear more. Delta lost another cat last month at RDU, and that cat was never found, and they also had a pet die in their care.
Are you alright? You poor thing! It broke my heart to read this thread! I wouldn't know what I'd do if my cats were lost. update us soon, please. Green Machine, thanks for the simple advice about cats. Good to know for us owners. I would have never thoguht about those things, but sometimes it's good to be aware.

Man, if I ever travel by air with my cats, I'll be sure to have them under my seat! Sleepipod makes a fabulous new carrier just for air travel. Expensive, but the best product on the market. Oh, my. Poor little guy!

What is wrong with these airlines and treatment to customers??

Ok, that being said. I want to remind you to write and log EVERYTHING you have done, phone calls, people talked to, what they said, what you said, everything. Get it on paper and document it properly. This in case to file a formal complaint or legal case.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:53 PM

7,138 posts, read 9,470,550 times
I think I will continue to listen to my good instincts and stay far AWAY from them.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:29 PM

Ok, veteran cat travelers, my boyfriend does not believe me that anyone is allowed to bring a cat on board in a carrier. We tried to find out the policy on pets online, but it's not specific enough. I tried calling but we got tired of waiting. Any advice on how you found out if the airline you use allowed your cat to come on board teh plane with you? I know in the past, as in above, we know that delta sucks. Which one was good again? What numbers do I call to find out what the policy is? Thanks!

Also, how is Buddy doing since this tramatic event of the airlines losing the kitty?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:48 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,569,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
Ok, veteran cat travelers, my boyfriend does not believe me that anyone is allowed to bring a cat on board in a carrier. We tried to find out the policy on pets online, but it's not specific enough. I tried calling but we got tired of waiting. Any advice on how you found out if the airline you use allowed your cat to come on board teh plane with you? I know in the past, as in above, we know that delta sucks. Which one was good again? What numbers do I call to find out what the policy is? Thanks!
I have traveled with my cats (in their carrier, under the seat) quite a few times. From my understanding, the general rule for most airlines is that there is one pet in the cabin per planeload. (I've seen two, but this is the most I've ever witnessed).

I've flown Jet Blue, American, and United with my cats. You need to call their customer service and arrange for it. You will have to pay a fee (which is silly, IMO, since you're in control of the animal the entire way), and they will have their own ticket. I've had a couple of times (I believe in New Orleans) where the security screener actually asked to see it.

To find out the airline's policies on this, just call their customer service. That's the easiest way.

And, if you're planning on taking the cat in the cabin with you, there really wouldn't be any difference in airlines, since, again, you're in control of them the entire way.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:24 AM

401 posts, read 1,303,712 times
If you love your cat, you wont fly with them.Its very traumatic no matter what airline and they would be better off at home with someone coming to check on them,play with them and feed them.You arent doing them a favor by taking them.People who take pets flying are doing it for themselves.Of course there are circumstances where its ok.If you are moving for example but if you are just going on vacation,do them a favor and leave them home

Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
If you love your cat, you wont fly with them.Its very traumatic no matter what airline and they would be better off at home with someone coming to check on them,play with them and feed them.You arent doing them a favor by taking them.People who take pets flying are doing it for themselves.Of course there are circumstances where its ok.If you are moving for example but if you are just going on vacation,do them a favor and leave them home
It's ok. I'm not doing it for fun. It would be for moving, but I would be driving anyways. My point I was trying to prove was that you could do it if you needed to. My boyfriend didn't believe me. HOwever, he did make a point by saying what if someone on the plane was very allergic to cats, why would they allow a cat on board? Interesting thought and I wouldn't want to put anyone's health in jepordy. But, if somehow there was no way to travel by car and you had airplanes as your only option, I would vouch for taking them on board. Too scary for me to put them in the belly of the plane.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,569,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
I But, if somehow there was no way to travel by car and you had airplanes as your only option, I would vouch for taking them on board.
Hell yeah.

I've done it, about a dozen times. And, frankly, most people on the plane would have had no idea that there was a cat on board.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,693,836 times
I personally would be beside myself. I would have been at the airport screaming at someone at the ticket counter.
Probably would have been dragged off by the police.

I would report them with whatever governing agencies you can. I know they can have their right to carry animals taken away from them and they would loose alot of money doing that.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 AM

10,358 posts, read 10,818,873 times
I didn't read all the replies, but am reminded of a time when the airline lost our dog. We were to pick him up in Boston, and he was nowhere to be found. Turned out he arrived on a different flight than he was scheduled on, and he was put in the baggage claim office - but nobody knew to tell us that. This was years ago when real people still answered phones. Many hours later we found him and he was OK but I do understand how frantic this can make you.

Delta usually is supposed to be pretty good with animals, but it's best to always use a direct flight (though that's not guarateed either, could be diverted due to weather, etc.). Even better, fly on the same plane as your pet. Have him or her in the cabin with you, if possible. That's all good advice as stated by others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats