Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,727,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
In short, this is why people own dogs, but cats own their human owners.
^^^truth!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,727,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Indeed. I also feel that there's that endearing sense that they are like adorable, slightly incompetent little villains. I've had cats that seemed to embody the persona of the supervillain bent on world domination trapped in the body of a fluffy cute little animal. And that thing when they try to execute some maneuver, but bumble instead, and for a few minutes they're all injured dignity and ruffled pride...
Yep!! Whenever mine do something that hurts their pride, they sit down, quickly lick themselves, like they knew they meant to do that (yeah, right!), and then run off somewhere else!

Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM

41,746 posts, read 74,732,146 times
My cats are about as wild as my grandmother.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,220,535 times
My 92 yr old neighbor never pet any of the many kittens born
in her tool shed..year after year....so we all feed these feral cats...
they got trapped and fixed now.
They are so aware and cautious of their surroundings it makes
me proud and happy...
Since 2 yrs ago a coyote jumped my 6' fence and my trusting little
cat got taken. (I've never actually seen a coyote for real!)

Keep that wild side, kitties!!!

(Fires in CO brought wildlife into the town. Well, gee, one bit a 4 yr olds
head a mile away!) They have moved elsewhere now.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:25 AM

20,244 posts, read 14,465,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I really love that description. Making a mental note of that for future reference.... hope you don't mind.
Not at all! Really it's almost a film and tv trope by now, the diminutive evil villain with the serious Napoleon complex who just can't get a break to save his behind. Usually too "clever" for his own good. I've often felt that some cats are rather like that. Like they'd be terrifying, except they are just so cute!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:46 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,521,268 times
I know that least one of mine is at least somewhat wild.

A few months ago, a neighbor came by with their pit bull. This pit bull is truly a sweet animal, despite the reputation.

I invited them both in, not thinking anything about it. My larger cat took off and hid. The smaller one tried to ignore the dog, but the dog just had to investigate. This brought out the wild side of my little 10 pound cat who proceeded to take the dog apart. Defending his territory I guess, but the dog did not know what hit him and willingly ran out the door at the first opportunity.

I don't think that I will try mingling cats and dogs again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats