Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:04 PM

4,729 posts, read 9,902,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulegirl View Post
MissingAll4Seasons,

What are your thoughts on the Feline Instincts ( felineinstincts.com ) food plan?
Feline Instinct supplements are just that supplements... looking at the nutritional data, they are still deficient in many other nutrients (vitamin A, vitamin D, and potassium at first glance). I think they'd be great for added nutrition, but if you're using this as the sole addition to a raw or meat-only canned diet it's probably not balanced enough to ensure proper nutrition.

Something like Feline Super Daily Multi-Vitamin (broken link) would probably be more balanced. If you are feeding raw, but not grinding the bone into the meat, you'll also need to add more calcium than available in a single Multi-vit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 02:39 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,725,704 times
You sure have learned a lot about feline nutrition since Autumn.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 PM

4,729 posts, read 9,902,113 times
Yes, feline nutrition has become one of my newest obsessions. I've read every publication on the subject I can from noted veterinarians in the field (particularly Drs Lisa Pierson, Elizabeth Hodgkins & Larry Nagode). Since I've got one kitty with diabetes and renal insufficiency, another with arthritis and irritable bowel, and another who's 6lbs overweight (not to mention my human ailments) I've really started to research proper nutrition -- there's so much outdated, closed thinking out there and the new information isn't being adopted fast enough. Fingers crossed that by spreading the word to pet parents whenever I can, the world will be a much happier and healthy place for our furry children.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:43 AM

3,567 posts, read 3,725,704 times
I think I attended a conference with Dr. Hodgkins a couple of years ago. Her name is familiar.

Well, it is good of you to help get the word out - most of my feline nutrition research is dental related. Keep up the good work! And good luck with your fur-babies & yourself.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 PM

158 posts, read 491,270 times
so you girls are vets?! Mayby you could help me with my george... hes a 20yr old ginger tomcat. Ive had him since i was 2...

About a month or two ago my mum and I noticed he started to drink more water...
the thursday just gone my mum took george to the vets and they said he his kidneys had shrunk and that he had arthritis... Does this mean goerge has kidney failure?!

He is not walking well but he can still walk... hes not being sick or has diahhrea... The vet siad his heart was beating fast.. But that could just be becuase he hates the vets...?!
he lies by his water bowl most of the day, but still comes over to me for cuddles and purrs a fair amount. Although, his purring seems out of time... he still purrs...

George has had problems with his ears a long time and had an operation when he was 12/13 which closed the left ear up, but thw right ( i think ) is still working. Its the right ear that seems to be sensitive to touch, he doesnt really like me to touch it...
Would this be a reason for george's kidneys shrinking?
The thought of having to put him down is tearing me apart.. what if he will hate me forever..!? What if hes not that ill yet...? On the other end of the spectrum... how do i know if hes in pain?! Im so scared im going to make the wrong decision...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats