Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 04:44 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That sweet cat. What a beauty. I hope he finds a new home and recovers from his broken heart.

I think it said he has been adopted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 04:50 PM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
yea, he has but not sure they're good cat people. I didn't pick up on it before but they are force feeding him. Well from his point of view wouldn't that be abuse? And he certainly won't bond with someone who's abusing him.

I don't know-anyone more knowledgable about cats-what do you think?

Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
I think he will come around. I have had cats that wouldn't eat and have spent lots of time feeding by hand. It always worked out fine.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:16 PM

That's a relief.

Hope this little guy does. He deserves so much better than the dingy that got rid of him.

sigh

Old 06-08-2015, 05:48 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,377 times
I hope he gets a good home this time. And I hope someone spills a full glass of red wine on the "new sofa."

Old 06-08-2015, 07:10 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,276,853 times
Poor kitty. Good thing some people are interested in adopting him once he gets better. I was a little disturbed by how the rescue hope someday the owner gets treated the same way he/she treated the cat. What does replacing a couch have to do with the cat? Did he peed all over it and the owner didn't know how to help him? Was it destroyed from not being trained on where to scratch? Was it the cat hair?

If we want kitties to stay in their forever homes, the best way to start is not to judge so quickly, but educate and help the frustrated owners.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:26 PM

she got rid if the cat before she got the couch.

and after 7 yrs. Not sure if he did some damage to the old couch.

The best way to to keep kitties in their forever homes, in my opinion, is to get people to understand that they live 10-15 yrs, and they are not disposable.

Or at least they shouldn't be.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:28 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,377 times
My first cat scratched up my sofa pretty bad. I was young and had no money so I had purchased a used sofa anyway. But I was a cat lover and this cat was otherwise awesome. I would have never gotten rid of him over the couch. That would be like getting rid of my kid because he dented up my car.

After that cat passed away, I bought a new sofa and with my subsequent cats I learned how to train them what to scratch, etc. I agree that some cat owners need help and training, especially first time owners, but there is so much information on the internet now you can look up any issue you are having with your cat. I don't hope anything bad on those people, but I do hope they don't get another cat.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:31 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
Today's updates in the comments say he is 12 years old. I'm thinking he was dumped due to an illness or failing health. They did bloodwork. I'd buy that kennel stress plus exposure to diseases at the shelter might be the problem. Not certain that depression or broken heart is. Sounds like he's ill but he still enjoys people. I've adopted 3 shelter cats. All immediately relaxed and obviously felt safer within 2 hours of arriving at the house. Almost any house is an improvement from the shelter or being boarded at the vet's, said all of my cats. I hope it's something curable.

from https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magni...926?fref=photo
Quote:
Here is the promised update on Tiger Tim, the cat dumped at the ACC when his owner got a new sofa.

Tiger Tim was hospitalized today at our local vet practice. In just one week he has lost 2.7b pounds, despite our best efforts to force feed him, has muscle wasting, and is dehydrated. He was immediately put on an IV and tests were done.

We will know more tomorrow, when the blood work results come back. All we can say now for sure is that he is weak but still very loving. Every time we put a hand into the carrier, he would nestle into it.

People, we appreciate everybody's concerns and the donations, which will go toward Tiger Tim's care. We will do our best to answer messages and email, but please keep in mind that we are a small rescue and that we have day jobs. We are seriously overwhelmed by the number of messages coming in, but we do thank you all and will do our best to keep you updated. But remember, we will not know more until tomorrow!

This is a picture of Tiger Tim at the vet this afternoon.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:56 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
I agree: the kitty may be approaching the end of its life and may be starting to have renal failure or be starting to vomit daily and need better food. That freaks out some owners.

Still that doesn't excuse dumping him on a shelter!

Furniture isn't an issue with me because I buy "cat proof" things, mostly wood, where either I can refinish it or replace cushions, plus the floor has mostly throw rugs which can easily be taken up to be cleaned. It's not difficult to maintain the house with an elderly or infirm cat. There's very little for her to destroy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats