Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:48 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Yeah, I forgot about those. I get dozens of them a day. I usually try to give them back, and the cats seem to respond to it better if I take my glasses off first. Don't know why .
We call it "scrunching" at our house. DH and I both wear glasses, and we've never noticed a difference in response. Our youngest (1) is still "in training," and doesn't scrunch as much but he's got lots of energy and "stuff to do." All in good time. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 12:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
We call it "scrunching" at our house. DH and I both wear glasses, and we've never noticed a difference in response. Our youngest (1) is still "in training," and doesn't scrunch as much but he's got lots of energy and "stuff to do." All in good time. . .
You'll probably notice them doing it more as they age. All of mine did.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:12 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
My late cat, Lucy, used to rub her cheek against my cheek. She also slept around my neck, which I did not think I would like when she started this, but I still miss it.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
My late cat, Lucy, used to rub her cheek against my cheek. She also slept around my neck, which I did not think I would like when she started this, but I still miss it.
She gave you something precious to remember her by.... as they are known to do.

Sorry she's no longer with you.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 555 times
Winter,male, he follows me everywhere,grabs my face at night and pulls it towards his,headbutts my head and rubs his body on my head,purrs a lot,meows when i meow at him,gives me a love bite on the nose,lays on my lap anytime i am sitting,sits on comand,and loves to sit in my lap on car rides. He is like the puurrrfect cat. I rescued him from an abusive shelter.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Our 3 are very demonstrative in showing their love. Last night I had 3 of them on my bed all night, and they were all sleeping against my legs. It was hard to move, but I wouldn't disturb them for the world.

They are also head lickers, and head butters . Lucky will lay on my lap when I am on the computer and stare up at my face. He will do that for hours. Chewy was just sitting on the back of my computer chair, with a front and back paw draped over me........makes me a little nervous because he is a little clumsy and he has all those claws !

Old 03-29-2017, 03:03 PM

Since this thread got bumped up............

How does Angel show she loves me? She leaves little heart-shaped clumps in the litter box for me.

How does Sheba show she loves me? She licks my hand and allows me to wash her face for her, which is usually after a 15 minute biscuit-making session on my stomach. Oh yeah, whenever she hears or sees me, that thick, floofy tail goes straight up and stays there.

How does Gypsy show she loves me? She has to always be touching me when we're together. If she's in my lap, she has to have one of my hands to use as a pillow. She also sleeps with me every night, and has for years.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:53 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
My cuddly boy, Scooter, will sometimes get under the covers with me at night and "spoon" with me. He's very insistent about it too, pawing at the covers until I let him under them. He's a very comforting bedmate.

My Russian Blue girl, Sweet Pea, drools with happiness when I pet her. She also makes funny "eh" sounds.

The recently injured tabby, Muffin, always looks up and makes a "meow" face when I call her name (she can't meow; her voice box was apparently damaged as a kitten). She's also a champion hand bunter!

Old 03-30-2017, 01:45 PM

838 posts, read 554,625 times
Gracie brings me her "kill". I'll wake up in the morning and be surrounded by pink and blue stuffed toys. And if I am on the couch with my tablet or laptop, she will sit on the back of the couch. And the moment I put my device aside she jumps down and crawls into my lap. It's as if she was patiently stalking my lap waiting for her opening.

Bolo? Well.... he is still a tween and he is still trying to figure out how to show me love without looking like a momma's boy. He does greet me at the door every time I get home from work though. And he does sleep in the crook/bend of my legs at night when he thinks I'm sleeping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats