Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 12:35 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH83 View Post
I just wanted to update everyone incase someone else ever runs into this situation. After a very long and exhaustive battle we were finally able to figure out what was wrong. During the original catheterization his urethra was torn accidentally by the vet. This was causing him to leak urine both outside and inside and was making him very very sick. After getting a second opinion we decided that surgery (which didn't have a high success rate) was not an option. We put Cogs to sleep. He had been through so so much in the last couple months of his life. I am incredibly sad and angry that his life ended this way Thank you everyone for you support.
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Poor little guy. I feel for you, as I have been dealing with lots of health issues in my cat the past month or two.... and I don't know where it is all headed..

Know that you gave him a good life while he was here....

((Cogs))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 10:15 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH83 View Post
I just wanted to update everyone incase someone else ever runs into this situation. After a very long and exhaustive battle we were finally able to figure out what was wrong. During the original catheterization his urethra was torn accidentally by the vet. This was causing him to leak urine both outside and inside and was making him very very sick. After getting a second opinion we decided that surgery (which didn't have a high success rate) was not an option. We put Cogs to sleep. He had been through so so much in the last couple months of his life. I am incredibly sad and angry that his life ended this way Thank you everyone for you support.
I am hearing more and more stories like this where Vets have caused more harm than good. Where they caused the deaths of animals in stead of saving them. I am so sorry this happened to your cat. I hope you either got a refund or decide to sue.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:31 PM

3,972 posts, read 4,252,063 times
Very sorry to hear about this.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:04 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Sorry I didn't read this sooner when the thread started and so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet to an incompetent vet. That is why I take responsibility for my cats' health. Even at its best, western medicine is not geared to deliver health. It is important to understand their limitations.

However, happily, we can learn how to do so ourselves. Anyone with a cat with urinary and or kidney disease can reverse the problem with herbs and or glandulars and diet. I reversed near kidney disease in a cat with high creatinine levels simply giving him 1/3 the adult dose of kidney cytotrophin (kidney glandulars) but there are also herbs that are great for urinary conditions including dandelion, parsley, Uva Ursi, Juniper Berries and there are others. Often you can just adjust the amount recommended typically for a 150 lb human for your cat based on weight.

Certainly, the moment your cat has a sign of a urinary tract problem, if (s)he is on dry food, convert him or her to wet/canned if not raw home prepared or frozen raw. I would fast first for at least a few days on chicken broth I would make at home using a roasted chicken, some carrots and parsley and make sure to boil then simmer for 4 hours. Next, squeeze out the broth from the meat when it has cooled and discard the meat. Break apart the bones and cover those with water and simmer separately in a small saucepan with a teaspoon or two of tomato juice for 30 mins and add that to the broth. Refrigerate and or freeze for later.

After a day or two of fasting, on the broth and detoxing and giving the body the extra energy required to break down food to use in healing instead, I would switch to the superior wet diet and never again offer dry. The glandulars can be given as treats because they love the taste. The herbs can be sprinkled over the food and diluted with water if in a tincture form.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:13 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

However, happily, we can learn how to do so ourselves. Anyone with a cat with urinary and or kidney disease can reverse the problem with herbs and or glandulars and diet. I reversed near kidney disease in a cat with high creatinine levels.....
Where can we find the research done in this? Any double blind studies? Where were they done?

Reversing *NEAR* kidney disease is not the same as reversing kidney disease.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
OP, I am SO sorry for your loss! ;(

emilybh, I would never recommend fasting a cat. Hepatic lipidosis is a SERIOUS possibility. However, I do agree that a wet diet is a species appropriate diet, and a very good way to avoid most feline diseases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats