Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 08:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

Men who love cats are special in my book. I can't imagine living with or being married to a man who didn't love cats. Every night my DH has his lap full of 17 lb cat and he helps to feed them every 2 hours and cares as much for them as I do.

Man Visits Cats Wherever He Travels and Rescues Those Who Need a Home (10+ photos) - Love Meow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 08:24 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,259,315 times
Great photos! My husband is as cat-nutty as I am. Right now, he is helping me with 2 ferals. Long story, I won't go into details. But he gets up early in the morning every day to help me. And as for our house cats -- some of them definitely prefer him! LOL That's OK, there's plenty of love to go around.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:10 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
He looks so happy when he holds them.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
My late wife awakened the pet lover in me (cats in particular), and I consider that one the greatest gifts she gave to me. A few years into our marriage she told me that had her cats not liked me, or I hadn't liked them, there would have been no relationship for us.... and she was dead serious. For me it wasn't a problem. I just thank my lucky stars that her sweet Tuxedo Mikey decided to jump in my lap and put a paw on my cheek the first time I met him. Pretty much sealed the deal in my wife's eyes. That little cat had no idea how much he changed my life for the better.

Thanks again, Mikey.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:47 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
My late wife awakened the pet lover in me (cats in particular), and I consider that one the greatest gifts she gave to me. A few years into our marriage she told me that had her cats not liked me, or I hadn't liked them, there would have been no relationship for us.... and she was dead serious. For me it wasn't a problem. I just thank my lucky stars that her sweet Tuxedo Mikey decided to jump in my lap and put a paw on my cheek the first time I met him. Pretty much sealed the deal in my wife's eyes. That little cat had no idea how much he changed my life for the better.

Thanks again, Mikey.
A sweet tribute to Mikey and your late wife.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:44 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
I have always said that you can tell the kind of person a guy is by how he reacts to children & animals.

I have had 3 live-in relationships in my life.

My first husband: When we first got married I told him that I wanted a cat. He looked at me and said "A cat?" I thought he was going to ask "What's a cat?" He discovered that he liked them. We had 2 cats when a 3rd one (a stray) adopted us. Then a neighbor said that he wanted to get rid of his cat and when I said no, my husband said yes. So, there were were with 4 cats (in a one bedroom apartment before moving to our 3 bedroom house). Shortly after that, our marriage ended and I ended up with custody of the 4 cats. (I would have fought him for them if he insisted.)

My live-in Significant Other: About a year or so after my first marriage ended, I met this guy and before I knew it, he was living with me. (I don't recall actually asking him to move-in, it just happened.) He was allergic to cats. He once told me that he would consider marrying me if I got rid of the cats (yes, those same 4 cats). So, I got rid of him instead.

My husband: When he first asked me out, I told him that I had 4 cats expecting him to be turned off by that. He wasn't. By the time we moved in together, I only had 2 of the 4. He KNOWS that I will NEVER live without at cat-or three. We have always had 2-3 cats at any given time in our relationship. He feeds them once in a while-and while he doesn't change the litter, he does take it out to the trash.

When Electra was just a baby, I would wake up in the morning and to find her sitting on his lap while he was reading the paper. She stopped doing that and I don't know why. Last night while we were watching t.v. Elvira climbed up on his lap. She doesn't normally do that but she has done it a couple of time recently. I love to see that. Josette sleeps at his feet and keeps them warm. (She will do that with me, too.)

Cat

Old 01-02-2016, 07:06 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,259,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
He once told me that he would consider marrying me if I got rid of the cats (yes, those same 4 cats). So, I got rid of him instead.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:35 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I have always said that you can tell the kind of person a guy is by how he reacts to children & animals.

I have had 3 live-in relationships in my life.

My first husband: When we first got married I told him that I wanted a cat. He looked at me and said "A cat?" I thought he was going to ask "What's a cat?" He discovered that he liked them. We had 2 cats when a 3rd one (a stray) adopted us. Then a neighbor said that he wanted to get rid of his cat and when I said no, my husband said yes. So, there were were with 4 cats (in a one bedroom apartment before moving to our 3 bedroom house). Shortly after that, our marriage ended and I ended up with custody of the 4 cats. (I would have fought him for them if he insisted.)

My live-in Significant Other: About a year or so after my first marriage ended, I met this guy and before I knew it, he was living with me. (I don't recall actually asking him to move-in, it just happened.) He was allergic to cats. He once told me that he would consider marrying me if I got rid of the cats (yes, those same 4 cats). So, I got rid of him instead.

My husband: When he first asked me out, I told him that I had 4 cats expecting him to be turned off by that. He wasn't. By the time we moved in together, I only had 2 of the 4. He KNOWS that I will NEVER live without at cat-or three. We have always had 2-3 cats at any given time in our relationship. He feeds them once in a while-and while he doesn't change the litter, he does take it out to the trash.

When Electra was just a baby, I would wake up in the morning and to find her sitting on his lap while he was reading the paper. She stopped doing that and I don't know why. Last night while we were watching t.v. Elvira climbed up on his lap. She doesn't normally do that but she has done it a couple of time recently. I love to see that. Josette sleeps at his feet and keeps them warm. (She will do that with me, too.)

Cat
Yep, you made the right call on that one. He may have had a legitimate reason to avoid cats (maybe), but he gave you an ultimatum concerning something very important to you. Forcing you to make a choice like that doesn't bode well for any future relationship. Marriage/relationships are a team effort, not a dictatorship. His loss, your gain.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:21 PM

352 posts, read 285,768 times
What a great story and the guy certainly has the appearance of a very cool man and he is!

Old 01-02-2016, 04:33 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times
Cat lover here, I wish my wife loved them as much as me. We have 6 and she says that's too many lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats