Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
edk

95 posts, read 543,596 times

Advertisements

If we got another cat we would name him "Cat Number 2".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 PM

689 posts, read 2,058,152 times
We left work one day - at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City - and found a seven-months pregnant friend on her hands and knees in the parking lot, trying to coax a cat out from under a car. My husband caught it, our friend took it home and it was named - what else? Tinker.

Our first was a Siamese named Sniffles, from the comic book Mary Jane and Sniffles. Our next was named Kiwi because we looked at a list of fruits.

Sushi was so named just because we thought it was cute. Her registered name was Sushi Popoki of Chosen. Reggi was Russian Blue and her nickname came when we considered Wedgewood Blue as her registered name. Her actual registered name was a take-off on my name and our favorite song - Cindin the Clown.

Scooter - no reason. Just thought it was cute. Gabbi was a talker. Weaver did just that, weaving between your feet as you walked.

A middle-aged red tabby male came begging. I ran him off a few times but he kept coming back. I gave up and threw him some pizza crusts one night. That was ole Crusty. His best little pal was a brown mackerel tabby - a very ordinary looking cat. She is Justa Cat. I'd love to hear their story of being outside when the tornado hit. (They both survived.)

Then there was sweet Janie. She was deaf, white and loud. We always thought she screamed because she couldn't hear herself. My husband said she was like the crazy old aunt who lived upstairs and wasn't allowed out when you had company. Hence her name, Aunt Jane.

Justy's the only one we have right now. We lost Janie to cancer in December and we like to think she's able to hear now that she's over the bridge. Aren't kitties grand!!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
One time I tried to adopt a stray, he was black, I love black cats. He had a strange shaped face. You could tell he was used to living outside. I would bring him inside, take a wet wash cloth and clean him up, when he would go back outisde, he would wallow in the dirt so I named him Philthy McNasty, I called Philthy for short. In spite of being an outdoor cat, he was very sweet, he wouldn't stay inside for long but he did enjoy a little loving from time to time.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk View Post
If we got another cat we would name him "Cat Number 2".
we just got a new stray kitten we found on our property, she is the cutest thing, we named her K2 (kitty 2)

Old 02-17-2008, 04:19 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
When my sister was little she had a cat named Thadam. He originally had some other name, but all she ever heard my Grandmother call him was "The Damned Cat" so she learned his name as Thadam.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,404 times
A friend had named her kitties Nikita Kitty and Mousie Toung after Nikita Kruschev and Mao Tse-Tung. It was during the Cold War and the family thought is was funny to name the cats after the dictators.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Does anyone watch The View? Joy has a cat named Benito Pussolini, she is of course of Italian extraction. Whoopi also has a cat named Oliver although I don't remember the significance of the name.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:43 PM

4 posts, read 25,679 times
My daughter brought home this stray cat and we first thought it was a girl.. We named 'her' "Prissy" cause of 'her' attitude. Well, after a few weeks I started questioning 'her' gender. "Prissy" became Prince after the dark spots under his tail were more evident.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 AM

My cat Rufus is the large one of the group, my daughter calls him fat, I insist that he is only fluffy, big boned, substantial and names like that. The other day my daughter was calling him fat a$$ and for some reason I thought she said Fat Assassin. Well that has become his new nickname, Rufus is the Fat Assassin, the couch potato's James Bond. He doesn't seem to mind.

Salem (he has his head on my knee right now) can pass gas rather impressively. My daughter now calls him Farticus.

She also insists that my little angel Tumnus passes gas, of course I know that can't be true that a pure white angel of a cat with gorgeous blue eyes couldn't do any such thing, I told her they are Fairy Fluffs because thats the other name we call him, my little fairy. He is a small cat about the size of an 8 month old but he is 6 years old, his white furr is longish and sort of whispy. He can jump and sail through the air, you have to look closely to see his wings though.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,152 times
When my wife and I lived in Tallahassee we adopted a calico tortoise shell kitten from a newspaper ad and named her Tallie, the Tallahassee Lassee. My wife calls her Tallie Anne.

Our newest cat is Princess Fiona, named after the character from the Shrek movies. She's a gray-and-white fifteen pound fluffy puffy long-haired fur monster, but she has a regularly-shaped cat snout and face (unlike the sunken faces that Persians have). Her mother and her siblings were shorthairs, so we figure that her father must have been a Maine Coon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats