U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:34 AM

6,735 posts, read 11,779,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Fiona stares at me a lot, also. If I stare back and talk to her, she will start purring.

What is slightly unnerving is when I wake up at night and find that she is on the floor right by my bed,
Staring! I think the force of her stare is what wakes me up to begin with.
Had to laugh at this one (actually I laughed at a bunch of the replies, but I could REALLY relate to this one!). My kitty Gretel is the only one who sleeps with me, and sometimes I will wake up and grab my phone to check the time ... and in the glow of the phone, I'll see Gretel's face just a few inches from mine, her eyes staring ... staring ... staring ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 AM

5,482 posts, read 5,797,745 times
One of mine will stare at me, the other one rarely. But the one that stares always does the slow blink when we make eye contact so I know he loves me and doesn't want to kill me.... At least I think so... :P

Old 03-27-2016, 11:50 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,498,372 times
Its not just cats. My Yorkie does this and it drives me batty. Ozzie will just sit and stare, and stare. I don't know what he thinks or fears from my order, but when I say "quit staring at me" he walks off.

Having been owned by many cats, I think they stare because they cant fathom how such stupid creatures hold so much power over them. We control food, a clean cat box and their ability to procreate. That's got to pizz them off a bit.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:03 PM

240 posts, read 311,837 times
This thread gives me life! I love it.

I always tell Kendall, when she's not even 6 inches from my face staring at me, that she is here to entertain ME, not the other way around

Old 03-28-2016, 02:17 PM

7,640 posts, read 5,134,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
This thread gives me life! I love it.

I always tell Kendall, when she's not even 6 inches from my face staring at me, that she is here to entertain ME, not the other way around
To which she mentally replies- "think what you like my dear human, but we know how the cat-human thing really works".

Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 PM

1,007 posts, read 814,626 times
This is too funny. One of my cats is VERY attached to me. If I go somewhere for a weekend...or God forbid, a whole week, he puts me under surveillance. I will be watched constantly for the next 24-48 hours upon returning. Once I woke up in the middle of the night and he was on the nightstand staring at me while I slept. He also watched me sleep when I was recovering from surgery, which was really very cute.

Another cat will only stare at me if I am eating something she really wants. Then she'll put on this sad, orphan, starving kitten face. She will sit as close as she dares and stare at my face until I either give her some or get up and put the dish in the dishwasher.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:46 PM

805 posts, read 1,193,295 times
My black and white tuxedo cat (RIP) would stare at me as I ate, especially when I ate fish. Of course I would have to give him a few bites. He would make then scoop the bites in his mouth like he was using a fork. Miss that little guy so much.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:36 PM

3,276 posts, read 1,957,241 times
We are convinced our cats are practicing mind control when they do this. "Give me some food. And make it a nice fishy flavor. And be quick about it. Dang, why are you so stupid that you are not getting my message?" LOL

Old 03-29-2016, 01:48 PM

3,846 posts, read 6,607,859 times
My cat stares at me sometimes, when she does, I blink slowly, sing to her, tell her "Love you!" or "Mommy's sweet girl". Don't know if any of that makes sense to her but I want to think she's listening and understands me telling her I love her!

Old 03-29-2016, 01:52 PM

3,846 posts, read 6,607,859 times
I just thought of something, one night, I reached out to get a drink of water from the glass on my nightstand, I turned to drink, then as I turned to put the glass back, my cat was right there, staring! I didn't even hear her jump onto the nightstand! It was like a scene in a scary movie! I shreiked!
Same thing this morning, I was looking for her, couldn't find her in her usual spots, then boom!..there she was sitting in front of the tv on the ent. center.
She's such a weirdo sometimes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats