U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 01:16 PM

7,588 posts, read 5,099,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I just thought of something, one night, I reached out to get a drink of water from the glass on my nightstand, I turned to drink, then as I turned to put the glass back, my cat was right there, staring! I didn't even hear her jump onto the nightstand! It was like a scene in a scary movie! I shreiked!
Same thing this morning, I was looking for her, couldn't find her in her usual spots, then boom!..there she was sitting in front of the tv on the ent. center.
She's such a weirdo sometimes!!!
Sounds familiar. Here's a helpful suggestion for when you want to find your cat.... spend an hour or so looking in every possible nook & cranny while calling out the cats name. When that inevitably fails to locate said cat, go back to the starting point, stop, turn around and look down.... missing cat will be sitting there staring up at you with a "I'm right here, what's the problem?" look on its face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 03:31 PM

3,846 posts, read 6,599,566 times
you're so right!!! They know we're looking for them!! It's so cute when she "hides", she gets real low and small, I pretend I don't see her and keep calling for her, lol. And she even knows the sound of us getting the laser out from a drawer! She immidately starts looking at the ground for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Sounds familiar. Here's a helpful suggestion for when you want to find your cat.... spend an hour or so looking in every possible nook & cranny while calling out the cats name. When that inevitably fails to locate said cat, go back to the starting point, stop, turn around and look down.... missing cat will be sitting there staring up at you with a "I'm right here, what's the problem?" look on its face.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:34 PM

4,615 posts, read 6,113,536 times
When mine is hungry, he gives me what I call the "kitty death stare" - he will not stop staring at me until I feed him. I give him credit, because he seems to have learned that I do not like when he screetches at me when he is hungry, so he has changed strategy and he will just sit there staring directly at me until I get up to feed him.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:15 PM

7,588 posts, read 5,099,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
When mine is hungry, he gives me what I call the "kitty death stare" - he will not stop staring at me until I feed him. I give him credit, because he seems to have learned that I do not like when he screetches at me when he is hungry, so he has changed strategy and he will just sit there staring directly at me until I get up to feed him.
Kitty Death Stare...... also known as 'Starving Cat Face', which all felines are quite good at. Some cats I've lived with pretty much turned it into an art form.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:12 PM

5,468 posts, read 5,771,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I just shake the treat bag. Works like a charm.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:40 PM

30,392 posts, read 9,081,069 times
Lol, oh yeah.

Our cat often sits up straight and just stares. I told DH as long as he's not licking his chops....

Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 AM

4,251 posts, read 2,798,019 times
Last night, we are in bed watching a video. (We do this every night.) Many nights Josette will come up to me and start "nursing" on my side and I will pet her. Most of the time I don't even look at her since I am watching the video. But last night I looked at her and she was staring at me. Naturally, I thought of this thread. lol. I just stared back. She stared at me for probably about a minute or two before she went down to the foot of the bed where she sleeps every night. She was still staring at me for just a bit from the foot of the bed before she settled in for the night.

Cat

Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,502,834 times
Just a thought and possible explanation, We amuse them.

Superior creatures enjoy watching inferior creatures.

If you have a four-footed Meowian in your house. Accept the fact, they own us, we are their pets.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-30-2016, 12:10 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,170,547 times
Yes, one of my kitties will stare intently at me for hours if she wants something. Typically she just wants attention. When I was down with the flu I didn't want the cats on me because I was so congested, so she sat there staring. Everytime I reached for water or Kleenex she would meow in excitement and try to rub on my hand. She does the same thing if I'm eating something tasty. If I'm busy doing something and standing up (cooking, drinking coffee) she will stare and meow every time I make eye contact and when she gets tired of waiting she will launch herself and hope I catch her. She really loves people

Old 03-30-2016, 12:17 PM

4,251 posts, read 2,798,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Yes, one of my kitties will stare intently at me for hours if she wants something. Typically she just wants attention. When I was down with the flu I didn't want the cats on me because I was so congested, so she sat there staring. Everytime I reached for water or Kleenex she would meow in excitement and try to rub on my hand. She does the same thing if I'm eating something tasty. If I'm busy doing something and standing up (cooking, drinking coffee) she will stare and meow every time I make eye contact and when she gets tired of waiting she will launch herself and hope I catch her. She really loves people

Josette will do that night (the only time she really comes up to me). I rarely sleep through the night and when I wake up sometime in the wee hours, I usually start tossing & turning. Josette knows I'm awake and will come up behind me. Normally, I will reach my hand around to pet her but if I don't do this after a few moments or so, I hear this faint little "Peep." She is telling me, "I'm here so pet me."

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats