U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:12 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times

Advertisements

My cat does that. I suspect he's communicating with me on a cerebral level, "i want food" seems to be his usual message as if i get up he runs straight to his food dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 07:01 AM

11,686 posts, read 13,074,643 times
There were times the cat I had in NYC used to weird me out. I had a very small apartment, I got him as a small kitten, and me and the apartment were the extent of his world and he did not like visitors at all.

Sometimes I would see him sitting very properly at the foot of my chair, just watching me. Then he would hop up onto the arm and start staring at me. His next move would be to stand on his hind legs and brace both from feet on my chest, keeping himself pushed back so he could stare into my eyes. At this point I usually tried some nervous gambit like, "Have you made your bed yet?" At his weirdest he would brace himself with one front paw, and the lift the other up and put it firmly on the side if my chin! At that point I say,"You are not my therapist...get the #&%$ away from me!"

Sometimes he would - but in no great hurry; other times he simply kept that paw firmly on my chin and stared and I had to pick him up and sit him on my lap or the floor.

He had the habit of touching my face more than any other cat I have ever had. In the morning he would sit on my chest and press the end of my nose with one paw.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:42 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,635,625 times
Both of my boys stare even if there is food already, it is creepy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats