Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 11:54 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving in the next year, and have more cats than I can take. This area is a small town and around it is county so a lot get dumped here. Some of my rescued crew are black kitties. They are wonderful guys, very mellow and loving, but I can't take them all with me. I can't stand the risk of some person who would abuse the others taking them. They are almost more loving and calm. This should be a happy move, but I worry so much about them I can't enjoy any anticipation.

I'm biolar 2 and the mood shifts are moderate to small, but its my pets who smooth them out. My dogs are going too, and its fine, but the cats are almost more of a support. They sense when you need a warm body cuddled next to you. I react very badly to medication, and my critters and quiet/little stress is how I manage well enough. I will also look into with my diagnosis naming some as emotional therapy, which they are.

The dogs are going along to be family dogs in the new place. I love my dogs but they don't do the same as the cats when I need a warm body purring next to me to send it away.

Any rescues which might help are welcome too. I know where we're moving I can't have them all, but can manage if I know they'll be okay.

Thank you for any help you can give. In this area, there are services for dogs, but not much for cats and no no kill option I can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 12:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
how many cats do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats