Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 02:52 PM

29,430 posts, read 22,337,909 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know, many of us cat lovers already know these things. But still a fun read.

12 surprising (and sometimes creepy) signs your cat doesn't actually hate you
Quote:
Cats are tough nuts to crack. They're aloof, discerning... and in some cases, quite possibly smarter than their two-legged handlers. Despite what sometimes seems like cats' bipolar personalities that switch smoothly from playful and happy to "I'm going to destroy your body with my talons," they actually are capable of showing affection for humans — you just have to know the signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 03:02 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,763,407 times
hahahaha!

#s 4 and 5 have never happened to me, thank God!!!

But, all the rest apply.

This is why I love cats, and desperately love my 2 cats! They are a mixed bag of personalities, but one thing I do know for sure is that they love me. They're so sweet and affectionate, and overall, wonderful cats

Old 09-26-2016, 04:05 PM

15,199 posts, read 10,176,724 times
I agree with all of them except the peeing on your bed. I think that is more a sign of a UTI than affection.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:20 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,253,496 times
I also take exception to #4. Not a sign of affection at all, but rather the cats way of telling you it's having a problem... be it a UTI, some other malady, or a territorial insecurity, etc. The author has misconstrued that one.

But I do agree with all of the others though.

Actually, I think I could add one.... and that would be how our cats are always concerned about our safety when doing anything in our kitchens. We always have to be supervised, it seems, so we don't harm ourselves with sharp instruments or any of those dangerous appliances. Now many folks might think that they're only there to hear a can opener, but I like to believe that they are really more concerned with our well-being.

Last edited by catdad7x; 09-26-2016 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 09:09 PM

3,951 posts, read 4,194,140 times
I have had MANY cats over the last 40 years. Never had one that was "aloof". Where do cats get that reputation?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 PM

Probably because they don't fawn all over us like dogs do.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,976,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Probably because they don't fawn all over us like dogs do.
My orange boy has completely missed that memo.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:06 AM

What is it about orange cats? They are always so friendly. I've had a lot of cats over the years and only one of them was "aloof". It was a female all white cat who I adopted along with her brother when they were kittens.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:37 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,724,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post

Actually, I think I could add one.... and that would be how our cats are always concerned about our safety when doing anything in our kitchens. We always have to be supervised, it seems, so we don't harm ourselves with sharp instruments or any of those dangerous appliances. Now many folks might think that they're only there to hear a can opener, but I like to believe that they are really more concerned with our well-being.
I would have agreed until this past weekend. One of my ladies jumped on the island as I was chopping up some celery. I set down the knife on the cutting board, turned around to get something from the kitchen counter behind me, and something freaked her out. She BOLTED, hitting the cutting board with her back feet, sending the knife flying. It hit the floor mere inches from my foot...

That could have ended very poorly for me. So now I know I will have to make sure there are no knives left even temporarily on a cutting board!

I am also convinced she tries to kill me every morning as I descend the stairs. Otherwise, WHY would she wait at the top of the stairs until I am half way down, and then RACE to the bottom, almost always BETWEEN my feet?

However, she also does do all the other things on the list, except bring me dead things and pee on my bed...

She's so complex! That's why I love her.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:43 AM

6,304 posts, read 8,976,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
What is it about orange cats? They are always so friendly.
And my red girl has missed that memo. LOL

We joke (only half-way, really) that, even after over a year, she's still concerned that my partner is going to eat her.

Amazing how two cats from the same litter, raised in the same house, could be so different in temperament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats