Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 05:10 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

Mysterious Benefactor- why are you even in the Cat Forum as it is obvious you don't even like them?
Can you not understand that this was a beloved pet?
and even if it was feral, people can't go around killing feral cats and then holding up the corpse , taking a picture and spreading it around and bragging on social media. Who does that? Someone gorked enough to be totally unaware of the ramifications and stupid enough to have done it in the first place.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:38 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Well, if you have a problem with this woman simply because you think she's a liar, I could agree with you, but this is the first you've mentioned of it. So let's be honest; the outrage you and others have expressed has nothing to do with her being a liar. It's because she killed a cat.
First of all, I answered your question, "What exactly is wrong with killing a feral cat?" You seem to have buzzed by that.

Secondly, yes I don't "simply" have a problem with Lindsey being a liar. She didn't tell an innocent white lie. In her sworn affidvat, she perjured herself with a concocted rabies story in an attempt to save her narcissistic butt. At the SOAH hearing, Lindsey continued to lie under oath, insisting that the cat was a "rough looking, unkept feral" when it was clearly shown that he was indeed Tiger, a well cared for pet.

There is also the matter of Lindsey being arrested for DWI in March. She was driving at nearly twice the BAC limit, and almost hit a deputy.

So, yes I have a problem with a law breaking, drunken, cat killing perjurer who calls herself a veterinarian.

Old 10-22-2016, 11:38 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Which animals? Are you talking about the songbirds and small mammals that feral cats routinely kill in large numbers?
Maybe we should talk about the songbirds and other birds and small mammals and large mammals and reptiles and ocean creatures routinely killed in huge numbers by humans via various means and for various reasons, including overpopulation, greed, plain malice and stupidity. And, by the way, if humans spayed/neutered, the feral cat situation would be humanely resolved in a timely manner.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:15 PM

212 posts, read 162,167 times
I am an animal lover and absolutely adore felines, they are by far the sweetest and easiest fur baby to maintain. It boggles the heart to think that the lady is vet who is sworn to protect and heal not harm and kill. She sounds like one sick broad and can only find solace that karma will one day knock on her door to collect. The judge could have sentenced a difference outcome. Just goes to show that those in authority do not punish those with $.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:00 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Mysterious Benefactor- why are you even in the Cat Forum as it is obvious you don't even like them?
Can you not understand that this was a beloved pet?
and even if it was feral, people can't go around killing feral cats and then holding up the corpse , taking a picture and spreading it around and bragging on social media. Who does that? Someone gorked enough to be totally unaware of the ramifications and stupid enough to have done it in the first place.
I don't dislike cats. I do have a problem with irresponsible cat owners(like those in this case) who have created the problem to begin with.

I understand this was someone's pet, and if Lindsey had known that when she killed it, I could agree with you. She thought it was feral.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:24 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Maybe we should talk about the songbirds and other birds and small mammals and large mammals and reptiles and ocean creatures routinely killed in huge numbers by humans via various means and for various reasons, including overpopulation, greed, plain malice and stupidity. And, by the way, if humans spayed/neutered, the feral cat situation would be humanely resolved in a timely manner.
We could talk about all of that, but that's not the topic. It sounds like you would rather avoid discussing the very real destruction that feral cats cause.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:44 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
I don't dislike cats. I do have a problem with irresponsible cat owners(like those in this case) who have created the problem to begin with.

I understand this was someone's pet, and if Lindsey had known that when she killed it, I could agree with you. She thought it was feral.
That cat was still alive when she held it up like a trophy. Whether it was feral or not, that is an inhumane way to kill a cat. That cat suffered, no matter if it was a pet or not. In the interview that vet said "If I knew it was someone's pet I wouldn't have done it". Meaning.....she would if it were feral?

Cruel. Someone with that mindset should not be anywhere near an animal, much less be responsible for their care.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:18 AM

351 posts, read 285,237 times
Quote:
Which animals? Are you talking about the songbirds and small mammals that feral cats routinely kill in large numbers?
Songbirds are routinely killed by people everyday, take for instance in Cyprus where every fall millions of songbirds traveling from Europe to Africa have their migrations cut short by trappers who illegally snare the birds and sell their meat on the black market. Nothing comes close to the death and destruction people cause wildlife, but it's easier to lay the blame elsewhere.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well, she could've trapped it and called Animal Control, and they would've killed it. Her solution seems cheaper and more efficient.

Be honest; this has nothing to do with her having a DWI, lying or being a vet. If she was an honest, teetotaling secretary, and had done this in another state where it was legal, you would be equally outraged.
Oh lordy, sounds like you admire her. If she was having troubles, calling animal control would have been the proper, humane and legal thing to do, and they wouldn't immediately put down (with humane injection) a cat who was obviously a pet.

Bottom line, Lindsey illegally killed a cat, using him as target practice with her bow and arrow, then posted her "trophy" picture and bragging comments online. Experts say Tiger was still alive when the photo was taken.

The fact that Lindsey is a VETERINARIAN (not a secretary) increased the public outrage 10 fold.

So yes... I along many many others, have a real problem with a law breaking, drunken, cat killing perjurer who calls herself a veterinarian.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
That cat was still alive when she held it up like a trophy. Whether it was feral or not, that is an inhumane way to kill a cat. That cat suffered, no matter if it was a pet or not. In the interview that vet said "If I knew it was someone's pet I wouldn't have done it". Meaning.....she would if it were feral?

Cruel. Someone with that mindset should not be anywhere near an animal, much less be responsible for their care.
BBM. I wouldn't trust anything Lindsey says. She lies like rug. The SOAH judges agreed that the cat was obviously Tiger, a pet cat. He was not "a rough and unkept" feral as Lindsey testified. She just wanted an easy "trophy kill" to brag and joke about online. Sad excuse for a vet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats