Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 02:35 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times

Advertisements

Just saw this when I was checking weather ... https://weather.com/news/boston/wcvb...vastating-fire .

Hopefully you can tell from the video title that it has a happy ending (I always like to know that before watching videos!!) -- well, relatively speaking. I would be devastated to lose my house to fire (or anything else) but I would go INSANE if I lost my kitties in a fire. The woman's reaction made me feel like crying with happiness for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 05:27 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
so glad for her and the kitties. And for the firefighters who wrapped them in whatever that was and returned them to her.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:32 PM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
What a great video. I will admit that I burst out crying

I can't even describe how devastated I would be if I lost my kitties in a fire.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:05 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
What a great video. I will admit that I burst out crying

I can't even describe how devastated I would be if I lost my kitties in a fire.
Yes, hard to watch without getting teary ... I was so happy to see the kitties.

I lived in Berkeley CA when the Berkeley/Oakland Hills fire happened back in '91 ... my closest friends lived in the Berkeley Hills and lost everything they did not put in their car, but at least they had their cat (who happened to be INDOOR that day!!). So, so many people who weren't home when the fire started (it started on a Sunday morning) lost beloved pets. A few of the animals were found, sometimes months after the fire (I think at least one was found after more than a year). There was a wonderful book called Fire in the Hills published maybe a year after the fire, but I've never been able to read more than a couple of pages at a time ... just too heartbreaking.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:29 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Awe, that is awesome! Cats seem to know to stay low or where to go.
Years ago, my friend's cat lived through a house fire. She headed for the basement... but sadly, her beloved Golden Retriever died from lack of oxygen. She wasn't burned or anything. She just looked like she was sleeping. So sad.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:32 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
I'm very happy for that woman. If *my* house burned down I'd suspect my cat had something to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats