Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,259,315 times

Advertisements

Awww. Awww. That's all I can say. Awww.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 02:30 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,259,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Haha, before I scrolled down enough to read your description of the bowl, I thought: That lucky kitten gets to eat from a Fiesta bowl!

(My kitties are not that lucky ... They like to bat their empty food bowls around on the floor.)

He will be fine. Give him time. It was a few weeks before I could even touch the cats, and then I could pet them fleetingly only when they were eating. He has his own pace, and once he realizes how nice it is to be petted and snuggled, he'll be all over you.
I had the exact same thought!

Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Hi again! Thought I would post another picture ... I had put a pillow on the floor and it has become the baby's favorite lounging spot ...

I also broke down yesterday and let Annie go in the baby's room for a few minutes -- she doesn't have a mean bone in her body so I knew she wouldn't scare him. Annie was pretty indifferent about him (she just hung out at the heater -- she's a total heater hog), but he was very clearly ECSTATIC to see another kitty. He sniffed her, ran away, came back, sniffed her some more, rolled around on the pillow, went back to sniff her again, and overall just seemed totally delighted by her. AND every time I have gone in there since (by myself), he has been a little happy camper -- doesn't run away from me at all, but lets me pet him and pick him up. Clearly him knowing that there are others of "his species" in the house has made him SO much calmer. Yay!!!

Sounds wonderful. Any word on his sib?

Cat

Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 PM

457 posts, read 497,160 times
Fantastic!! I am so happy to hear that you have a new addition. He's very cute.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:12 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Sounds wonderful. Any word on his sib?
Yes, unfortunately my colleague can't come until this coming Thursday or Friday, and even those days aren't 100% confirmed. He lives about an hour and a half from where we both work AND his job often takes him around NH, Mass., and Maine, so he's not always around. I asked him if we could meet at my house on Thursday or even at the vet's, since I have an appointment for the baby this coming Thursday. No word yet. Today I sent him and his wife a little video of me with the baby last night -- I know it was hard on his wife to say goodbye the little guy (or girl!)! I will keep you all posted. (Honestly, I am less worried about it now that he is clearly enamored of at least one of my current kitties -- although it would be great to have another kitty closer to his own age. When I've adopted kittens, I've always adopted them in pairs, and I think that's generally a really good idea.)

I'm about to go back in there to give him a treat ... will try to coax Annie in (also with a treat) so he can be all excited again ... it's so incredibly sweet!

Old 12-20-2016, 02:07 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,928 times
Oh, they are so cute.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:57 PM

Thanks, 7165red!

Here's a photo from earlier today ... coaxed Annie into the guest room (a/k/a the baby's room) with the promise of treats ...

There they are, calmly eating together on the guest room bed. Afterward the baby wanted to keep rubbing up against Annie (maybe he was marking her? ) and she wasn't too interested but tolerated it all well. She's a sweetheart!

Still no word from my colleague, so I'm not sure I'll get a sibling this week. I take the baby to the vet on Thursday afternoon -- will be able to let him out of his room then!

Old 12-20-2016, 03:02 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Thanks, 7165red!

Here's a photo from earlier today ... coaxed Annie into the guest room (a/k/a the baby's room) with the promise of treats ...

There they are, calmly eating together on the guest room bed. Afterward the baby wanted to keep rubbing up against Annie (maybe he was marking her? ) and she wasn't too interested but tolerated it all well. She's a sweetheart!

Still no word from my colleague, so I'm not sure I'll get a sibling this week. I take the baby to the vet on Thursday afternoon -- will be able to let him out of his room then!

Good sign that they are eating close like that. I'm sure they will get along.

Cat

Old 12-20-2016, 03:50 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Karen, I just tuned in and saw your post and your NEW BABY!!!! He is adorable - but I can't tell if he is gray or black? His early pictures looked so much like my Smokey it made me tear up a bit!!! Isn't is wonderful how these little guys drop into our lives at a time when they are so needed - and this little one cannot imagine the wonderful life in store for him.
I don't think you could be any prouder or happier if he were a human baby...(I know that to us cat folks - they are human... )you know what I mean?? It is so easy to love them - and I think they know just how adorable they are. I am happy that your heart is healing (a bit anyway) and loving another is such a tribute to the ones lost. Eini would gladly have "let" you adopt this little one had he been around, I'm sure.
I do hope you are able to get his sibling - but even if not, this one will have so many friends at your home. His name will become apparent soon - you'll know it when it hits you! Enjoy this time with him, and I'm so glad you two will have this time to bond. Santa is good.....huh???

Old 12-26-2016, 04:25 PM

Default it's a boy!

Took baby kitty to the vet last Thursday and found out it's a boy. He will be a neutered boy soon!

I have named him Jack. (Was watching 24 and realized how much I liked that name ... and my other new baby's name is Chloe ... but that's a different thread! ). Below is him still in his room but visited by Quinn, who was very good-natured -- he almost always is, but he's also very large and I thought he might scare Jack -- nope! Jack just wanted to hang out and maybe cuddle.

Jack has become a total love bug -- just a little sweetie. I've been letting him come out of his room, supervised for now, but he has fleas and roundworms so I'm not yet giving him free reign -- hopefully that will come in the next week or so.

I am also about to start a new thread about my new kitty, a 10- or 12-week-old kitten that I have named Chloe. She is very, very, very timid and a tiny bit wild -- got picked up by the Humane Society at 7 weeks old, so no socialization before then. (Mama ran off or died, leaving 8 kittens, and only 5 made it. Chloe is the last to be adopted and I think it's because she is so scared ... more on her (and pictures) in my new thread! I need some advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats