Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times

Advertisements

I like my kitties more than some people I know......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,588,969 times
I definitely prefer my cat over most people I know....

Old 03-29-2008, 03:07 AM

973 posts, read 2,133,551 times
I adore my purr-fect felines! =) I have an almost 10yo long haired calico, Puddykins, & an almost 11yo short haired black cat, Kiki. =) Kiki is purring on my lap as I type. =) She is a total lap cat, & needs love & attention. If we are gone, she is beyond annoying when we return, begging for attention. &, I'm one who 'smothers' the cats w/ love. LOL Puddykins, is our 'baby' & lives in our bedroom, generally sleeping w/ me. =) She sleeps perpendicular to me, w/ her rump by my neck, so I nuzzle my face on her back. Yes, they are beyond spoiled! LOL

& PS, I have 2 kids too! LOL 4 1/2 yo DS & 3 1/2 yo DD. =)

Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 AM

621 posts, read 3,196,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I definitely prefer my cat over most people I know....
I think I might have to second that!! LOL

Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,078,289 times
I love my cat. I would protect him from any predator and I would give him any medical attention that would help him. I'm a steward of one of God's creatures.

However, it is just a cat, and not a child. My life doesn't revolve around my cat and I don't stay home instead of going out because I think my cat needs to play. I have friends whose dog runs their life. It's ridiculous and an incredibly sad reflection on them. "I can't go out tonight, Princess gets mad when we go out." Puh-lease!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
We live in Florida, something to do with the electric meeter went wrong and we were without electricity so we went and stayed with a friend until they could fix the problem. We were gone three days.

When I came home, my kitty Rufus RAN to me. He meowed as if to say where the hell have you been ?
I had left the windows open and the doors to the screened in lanai so they had their food and water and were fine but I realized how badly I missed them.

I had to look around a bit and found the other two, when I walked into my office, Tumnus my little white deaf cat was laying on my desk and howled ( I mean HOWLED) at me when he saw me. He ran after me. I finally saw where Salem was laying, probably ignoring me because he was mad.

It was only two days and I missed them so badly. Last night, in my own bed, my own pillows with my kitties around me was like heaven.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:41 AM

22,168 posts, read 29,135,431 times
Ok I will just state this again, I LOVE MY SPOILED BRAT CAT!!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:21 PM

63 posts, read 248,103 times
My husband and I love our cats and treat them like they're a part of our family. We currently have 2, but within the past 1 1/2 years we had to say goodbye to two dear friends. The first was our Marley who was 11 1/2 and diagnosed with lung cancer. Here, we bring him to the vet thinking he had a hairball trapped, and it turns out he was gasping for air. Just one day earlier he was playing and running around and seven days later we had to put our beloved friend down. Then last November we had to say goodbye to our precious Bonkers, who was only 5 1/2. What's so sad and tragic about Bonkers is that she was a tortoise shell and didn't get along with Marley or our other kitty, Coco, no matter what. So we had to keep her in a separate bedroom and then switch them around during the day. It was stressful and hard and Bonkers always seemed to get the short end of the stick. Then, last November, Bonkers stopped eating and developed fatty liver and we had to put this beautiful little cat down at only 5 1/2 years old. Between Marley's and Bonkers' hospital bills, we paid about $10,000 to try to save them. I would've gone bankrupt if it meant saving either of them. As it is, we haven't been able to recoup financially and are in debt up to our eyeballs. We now have a sweet, gentle kitten named Buddy to keep our Coco company. It's almost ironic because Buddy has Bonkers' eyes and Marley's independent "I'm my own man" streak.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,470,254 times
I absolutely love my cats. When they got fixed and had to stay at vets overnight it was horrible being without them. I have went out of town a few times and the first time I left them with my mother I did not want them to be alone. The next time I was gone for just 2 days left plenty of food and water out. I will NEVER do that again. I think they were fine but my oldest meowed and was really clinging to me and later had a little 'tude with me and would not come near me for a while. I have people tell me that cats are not humans but they are an integral part of my life and I feel like they are my 2 little girls. They comfort me when I am down and are always there when I get home. The joy they have brought my life is irreplacable and I would not dare give them up. Ever.

and Melanie I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss hopefully Buddy will step in and bring you even more joy. I understand the doc bills! My oldest (whose name is CoCo for short lol) was diagnosed with Coccidia when I got her. She is fine now but was near death when I found out thats why she would not eat....I don't know what i would have done if she had died. Many blessings to you and your family (yes the cats too )

Old 04-19-2008, 12:56 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,588,969 times
I occasionally have to go out of town for a few days to a week. But always get a pet sitter who comes in every day to feed and water, and tries to stick around to give my B*tch feline some attention and talk to her. But she will have none of it! She will hiss and spit, walk down the hall look back at her and continue hissing to the bedroom. I am just so grateful the pet sitter continues to look after her! Then when I get home, I, too, get the hiss and spit treatment. Then she becomes a clinger and won't shut up! Finally we make up and all is okay after a few days. Whew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats