Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 02:17 AM

914 posts, read 732,325 times

Advertisements

One of my cats will follow me into the bathroom, jump up on the sink and start licking the tap. I then switch the water on for her and she will drink straight from the stream. Might have to get her one of those water fountains I think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 08:28 AM

3,950 posts, read 4,186,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
One of mine licks the shower water too.

The other is seriously terrified of running water; however, she will sleep in a dry sink bowl.
I have had a bunch of cats who like to sleep in the dry bathroom sink. I think they like the way it "cuddles" them.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 AM

5,843 posts, read 11,832,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Our cats used to wait till one of us finished our shower, and then would lick the water on the shower door when it opened.

Yicck!

Now our new house has no shower door - it's just open. So our cat Sheeza will wait patiently till we're done, then enter and lap up the water on the shower floor.

Blechh!

What's up with CATS and Water??

Does YOUR cat do anything strange with Water?
Mine doesn't wait until I'm done. He comes in while the shower is running. It's pretty funny to see him sitting there licking the bottom of the shower all the time water is bounding off his head!

Old 12-23-2016, 10:42 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,825,837 times
I concur with most here. It's almost like cats have not evolved at all from their years in the desert. They look at water like it's some miraculous thing, relying mostly on moist food.

My Clea waits outside the shower every morning and mostly just looks at the water when I'm done. Sometimes she jumps in the shower and sits afterward. Very strange. I think because I feed her ONLY wet food, she doesn't need to drink much, but she is interested.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:40 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,664,706 times
I have two cats that are from the same liter. One likes to go into the shower after we're done, the other sits in front of the door to the bathroom and will just stare in for hours. I think she remembers when we gave her a bath and is traumatized! Lol

Old 12-25-2016, 05:53 AM

94 posts, read 68,120 times
My cats are slightly peculiar about their water, though they like to check me out in the shower but then run away when I turn the water on I don't know if they know there is water in that room or what but one of them loves the running water from the faucet.... If he sees it. So cute.

He hasn't done that in awhile and I must admit, it's hard and heartbreaking to have to end his happy experience with the water.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,405,215 times
I had a cat that wanted to lick my hair wet from the shower .....

Old 12-30-2016, 06:50 AM

914 posts, read 732,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I had a cat that wanted to lick my hair wet from the shower .....
My Buffy is completely obsessed with my hair when it's wet. She will lick it, nibble on it, smell it. She even jumped on my shoulder the other week just to get better access to my wet hair after I had a shower. I wonder what it is, maybe some cats like the scent of shampoo/conditioner?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:42 AM

3,950 posts, read 4,186,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
My Buffy is completely obsessed with my hair when it's wet. She will lick it, nibble on it, smell it. She even jumped on my shoulder the other week just to get better access to my wet hair after I had a shower. I wonder what it is, maybe some cats like the scent of shampoo/conditioner?
In a slightly different vein, I used to get my hair permed. Of course, my hair reeked when I got home, and I couldn't wash it that first night. My cats used to be obsessed with the smell of my hair when I came home from the perming! One cat would get on my pillow while I slept, bury his nose in my hair and just stay there. Very, very weird.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:32 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,405,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
IDK but it's funny. Can be irritating, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats