Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 01:30 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times

Advertisements

Funny video. "Dog You Shall Not Pass"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 03:24 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
One time we had some friends visiting and they brought their dog along. Sheena (who is no longer with us ) was sitting on my lap. The dog came up to give Sheena a sniff. Sheena raised her paw-didn't strike just raised it and the dog went whimpering away. It was pretty funny.

Cat

Old 02-14-2017, 02:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
One time we had some friends visiting and they brought their dog along. Sheena (who is no longer with us ) was sitting on my lap. The dog came up to give Sheena a sniff. Sheena raised her paw-didn't strike just raised it and the dog went whimpering away. It was pretty funny.

Cat
I imagine it only takes one claw to the nose to make a puppy a bit cat-shy. Totally understandable.

That's a seriously cute video. Almost feel sorry for those poor doggies having to put up with all those brat-cats.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:56 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times
My own cat can be bratty. If I try to play when she doesn't want to be bothered, she knows how to angle her paw/nails to do maximum damage.

But to be fair, she always gives me a warning.......a look, then a mild swat, then WATCH OUT!! Her thumb nails are deadly.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Some time ago, when I had a live in GF, she had a S h i t s u (have to spell it that way or the censorship program deletes it ) and I had Scooter and Sniffy, my two cats. Scooter was a big female kitty, and she ran the house. She would purposefully lay in the middle of the hall and dare Rowdy to come past.

He would be hopping around, trying to figure out a way to get past, and she would just lay there, waiting. Finally, he would dart past, and she would swat him in the behind, and he would go yelping, as if he were killed !

I would laugh, and my GF would say "You are encouraging her to do that, aren't you ?" Yeah, I kinda was.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:38 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
My Brat made the dog fear him and they did that 'you shall not pass thing' but my Brat didn't count on one thing: the dog was inherited from my Mom and HER cat. Who this dog will PROTECT. Brat attacked her cat and the dog found her courage. ROAR! LEAVE MY CAT ALONE! So, now she can pass, lol.

It's the SWEETEST thing!

Old 02-15-2017, 05:44 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
We used to have a beloved "neighborhood" dog, a Foxhound that we named Teddy. I fed Teddy every day in my backyard, but I also fed the stray cat that lived in the hedge at the back of the yard. Frequently I would see the stray cat chasing Teddy around the yard - that dog was 5X the size of the cat, but was still afraid of him. Honestly it was funny as heck at the time! I still have pictures of Teddy dressed up in jackets and sports hats, sunglasses, and a tutu and pearls - the neighbor lady doted on him and he would totally let her do anything she wanted to with him - so cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats