Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MUNCIE, Ind. - A man was jailed Thursday on charges he forced his 7-year-old daughter to kill the family cat by holding a knife in her hand and making her stab the pet.
This is how abusive people pass their abusive traits to their children. Kill a pet, then abuse and kill a person.

Police: Man forced girl to kill pet cat - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
I hope they take this child away from this father. There is just so much sickness in this world...

Old 03-16-2008, 12:51 PM

253 posts, read 1,053,739 times
Default It just makes you wonder

What goes thru the minds of people like this Its just a good thing that these kids live with their grandparents. This had to be so upsetting for these kids and of course horrible for the poor kitten.. I hope he gets some hard time..

Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM

22 posts, read 42,562 times
Just sickens me. How sad.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:45 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
What a disgusting excuse for a human being. He makes me sick.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM

369 posts, read 1,639,149 times
Muncie has always been a crazy town.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Oh, just lovely.

Let's hope this particular strand of DNA wasn't passed onto his daughter.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:14 PM

253 posts, read 1,053,739 times
I doubt it was, as he held her hand and forced her, and her brother tried to hide the kitten earlier. This is really something that can be very emotional for young children, and we can all hope and pray that these kids can get over this without emotional scars that will affect their future, and their future treatment of animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Oh, just lovely.

Let's hope this particular strand of DNA wasn't passed onto his daughter.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:48 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanwalt3 View Post
I doubt it was, as he held her hand and forced her, and her brother tried to hide the kitten earlier. This is really something that can be very emotional for young children, and we can all hope and pray that these kids can get over this without emotional scars that will affect their future, and their future treatment of animals.
Unfortunately, most adult abusers start out abusing animals in their early years and progress to persons as they grow older. These children will need some serious behavioral counseling as I'm sure that their low life father exhibited this same type of behavior in the past. I'm sure that this wasn't the first time that this type of abuse occurred. Just my thoughts but we have licenses for all kind of activities from medical practices to manicure shops. IMO, we should have genetic testing before any person or persons is allowed to bring a new life into this world. I realize that this is Orwellian in nature, but those persons with a genetic disposition to abuse and violence should be sterilized and prevented from fathering or carrying a potentially abusive fetus.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Unfortunately, most adult abusers start out abusing animals in their early years and progress to persons as they grow older. These children will need some serious behavioral counseling as I'm sure that their low life father exhibited this same type of behavior in the past. I'm sure that this wasn't the first time that this type of abuse occurred. Just my thoughts but we have licenses for all kind of activities from medical practices to manicure shops. IMO, we should have genetic testing before any person or persons is allowed to bring a new life into this world. I realize that this is Orwellian in nature, but those persons with a genetic disposition to abuse and violence should be sterilized and prevented from fathering or carrying a potentially abusive fetus.
Good post. I agree.
And for me, too, it is hard to come ot terms with the Orwellian nature of a child-rearing certificate.
But isn't it strange that people have to jump through all kinds of hoops to adopt children and even pets, but anyone who can conceive is allowed to raise a kid without any kind of preparation or knowledge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats