Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:07 PM

457 posts, read 496,313 times

Advertisements

I noticed toward the end of last week that he wasn't drinking and eating as much as normal (hardly anything, to be honest) and had signs of nausea. But, he was for the most part acting pretty normal. Then it dawned on me that maybe he's having another pancreatitis flare and I got concerned enough to take him to the ER vet. He got some sub-q fluids, a Cervenia shot and instructions to follow-up with our regular vet.

So, we go today, I'm thinking his pancreas was going to be inflamed again or his kidney numbers were gonna come back bad. The vet runs the blood work and everything is just fine, but she said something was throwing off his immunity markers. She takes an x-ray.

She walks in and says they found something. At least four tumors in his lung (we only looked at one side of x-rays, I didn't need to see more).

He's 16 and I won't put him through chemo and surgery is not an option. She gave him an appetite stimulant and a steroid shot.

I will keep him comfortable as long as I can.

I can't remember the last time I cried this hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 02:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
OMG, I am shaking as I type this............I am sooooo sorry. You hold onto that baby and love him night and day until you will know when it's time. You no doubt love your baby very much and no doubt have given him more love than one can imagine and a fine home. Now it's time to just love and love that baby as much as you can.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:26 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
It hurts to hear your news...have been there. It is devastating.....I hope you can find a way to treasure the time left, hard and also bittersweet. We can't keep them around for us, we must think of them and their comfort.

Chat with us as you need to...

Old 09-18-2017, 03:27 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
I really hate seeing this type of post, but I know it's part of the 'deal' we make with our furkids. So sorry to hear you are going through this, and hope Momo has some good days left with you.

Not much one can say to make it better, but my heart goes out to you.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:31 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
I know this feeling too well. Please take care of yourself as much as you can. Give him all the love you can and realize, if and when time comes you WILL see him again at Rainbow Bridge. But for now, enjoy every second you can and hold and hug him at all times.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:05 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Oh no ... very very sad!

Hang in there and give him the best you can!

Old 09-18-2017, 05:07 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))

Cat

Old 09-18-2017, 05:16 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,395 times
My heart goes out to you. I had the same thing happen to me. I took my cat to the vet to have him checked out and he looked fine and was about 10 yrs. old. When I went to pick him up I thought everything was going to be fine. When the Dr. told me he had cancer and had about 6 months to live. I felt I had been punch in the stomach, I told the Dr. he must be wrong and I wanted a second opinion. To make long story short the Dr. as right and I couldn't accept it, even tried chimo. and my dear cat seemed to be doing well. The whole thing was breaking my heart. It took a long time for me to get over losing him. e was a beautiful black cat and was very loving. You see your not alone I can't say anything to make your pain go away except to enjoy every day you have with him.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,582,359 times
tla921, so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you also.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:39 PM

457 posts, read 496,313 times
Thank you all. I truly appreciate the kind wishes. It's just so unexpected. I am sure that I am getting on his nerves at this point, as I keep going in there a petting him and talking to him. He, of course, just purrs. I'm really hoping to see an improvement with his shot and appetite stimulant. I will cherish whatever time we have left and I will hold his paw when it's time to let him go.
..... and now more tears.

Last edited by tla921; 09-18-2017 at 05:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats