Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:23 PM

457 posts, read 497,015 times

Advertisements

Thank you for being a beautiful human being. So sorry you had to experience that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 06:15 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
I love you for being this kind of guy, OP

RIP baby kitten.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:09 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Oh, how sad. Bless you for caring for that kitten, the sweet baby.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This morning I was driving back to my hotel to pick up the last of the stuff I had left there. I was driving toward this one intersection on some semi-busy local roads and there was this little orange kitten in the road that had just been hit by a car. It was struggling to get away but its back legs were either broken or its spine had been broken and it was having a hard time getting anywhere. People driving through the intersection were pausing to look at it, wondering what to do. The first thing I thought was that the kitten needed to be taken to a vet and be put to sleep. So I drove across the intersection, stopped my car and put on the emergency lights while I tried to grab the kitten. It was terrified and obviously in great pain. It scrambled under my car to where I couldn't get it, so I had to move up a few feet to grab it. It looked about 3 or 4 months old. There was also a bit of blood coming out its mouth. Finally I was able to grab it, and put it in my car. A guy pulled beside me making sure I got the kitten and I asked him if he knew where the nearest vet was. He mentioned the Jackson County animal hospital about a mile to the north, I knew where that was so I went there. It was closed, but I knew there was another vet just down the road, so I went there instead. I went into it and told them I had a little kitten that had just been hit by a car and it needed to be put to sleep. They asked me if it was mine, I said no, it was just some kitten in the road. Anyway, so they did some stuff on their computer and one of the girls at the desk went back to ask their vet tech something. I went back to my car to grab the kitten. I brought it in, and when I showed it to everybody at the front desk I started crying. Even one of the girls at the desk was trying to fight back tears. I gave it to one of the girls at the desk who brought it to the back room, to a cage I presume. I paid the charge ($103) and left. The whole incident was maybe 15-20 minutes.

By now that little kitten is over the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP little kitten. Sorry you didn't get much of a chance in life.
So humane and caring of you!
If vet had been as kind they would have pts out of mercy
and kindness for free but thankfully kitten had you.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:43 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
This morning I was driving back to my hotel to pick up the last of the stuff I had left there. I was driving toward this one intersection on some semi-busy local roads and there was this little orange kitten in the road that had just been hit by a car. It was struggling to get away but its back legs were either broken or its spine had been broken and it was having a hard time getting anywhere. People driving through the intersection were pausing to look at it, wondering what to do. The first thing I thought was that the kitten needed to be taken to a vet and be put to sleep. So I drove across the intersection, stopped my car and put on the emergency lights while I tried to grab the kitten. It was terrified and obviously in great pain. It scrambled under my car to where I couldn't get it, so I had to move up a few feet to grab it. It looked about 3 or 4 months old. There was also a bit of blood coming out its mouth. Finally I was able to grab it, and put it in my car. A guy pulled beside me making sure I got the kitten and I asked him if he knew where the nearest vet was. He mentioned the Jackson County animal hospital about a mile to the north, I knew where that was so I went there. It was closed, but I knew there was another vet just down the road, so I went there instead. I went into it and told them I had a little kitten that had just been hit by a car and it needed to be put to sleep. They asked me if it was mine, I said no, it was just some kitten in the road. Anyway, so they did some stuff on their computer and one of the girls at the desk went back to ask their vet tech something. I went back to my car to grab the kitten. I brought it in, and when I showed it to everybody at the front desk I started crying. Even one of the girls at the desk was trying to fight back tears. I gave it to one of the girls at the desk who brought it to the back room, to a cage I presume. I paid the charge ($103) and left. The whole incident was maybe 15-20 minutes.

At least you gave the little guy a chance to be cared for, even if only for a few moments.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:39 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,133 times
Oh man, I write this through tears. Thank you much for providing the kitty such kindness at the end of its too brief life. That was extraordinarily kind. I like to believe It's cavorting at the rainbow bridge too. The Karma cafe is open for you and you will be served well.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:54 PM

20,870 posts, read 9,532,948 times
I'm kinda wishing I had taken a pic of him/her when I was at the vet, since I had my phone with me at the time. I could have made a little internet memorial. Oh well.

Been haunted occasionally by the sight of the little guy struggling to get away on the road. It was a really scary and tragic scene.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:05 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
I'm kinda wishing I had taken a pic of him/her when I was at the vet, since I had my phone with me at the time. I could have made a little internet memorial. Oh well.

Been haunted occasionally by the sight of the little guy struggling to get away on the road. It was a really scary and tragic scene.
Years ago, when I was 23-24 and still considered newly wed, I was late home from work and saw a white kitten at my gate fighting off a dog. I shooed the dog away only to find the kitten had been badly mauled. He needed to be put to sleep but I couldn't find a vet that would meet me after hours. I couldn't find the courage to do it myself. My dad came over and took care of it. It's still haunting.

But there was few minutes that I held him and he purred with what seemed as contentment. It was tough, but had to be better than being mauled to death by a dog.

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 11-15-2017 at 06:48 PM..

Old 11-16-2017, 08:34 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Years ago, when I was 23-24 and still considered newly wed, I was late home from work and saw a white kitten at my gate fighting off a dog. I shooed the dog away only to find the kitten had been badly mauled. He needed to be put to sleep but I couldn't find a vet that would meet me after hours. I couldn't find the courage to do it myself. My dad came over and took care of it. It's still haunting.

But there was few minutes that I held him and he purred with what seemed as contentment. It was tough, but had to be better than being mauled to death by a dog.
OMG I can't imagine! I too would still be haunted by that. You did something, and the best option available at that time, instead of leaving the kitten alone to die.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:39 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:

God Bless You for doing the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats