Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 11:34 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This happened to me also. I had a stray show up, and all of the neighbors said that nobody owned it, and they had been feeding it also. I eventually took it in, and made it strictly an indoor cat. I took it to the vet to get spayed, and it already had been, I guess by the same people that had her declawed. Even without claws she was a good hunter, as before I took her in, I saw her get a few birds by the neighbors bird feeder.
Bless you for taking her in.
And I call them "cat feeders" for exactly what you describe - LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 01:38 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
Bless you for taking her in.
And I call them "cat feeders" for exactly what you describe - LOL.
Thanks. She was a GREAT kitty kat! I was the one who was blessed. That's too funny....."cat feeders".

Old 12-12-2017, 05:05 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Default Sterling at my door

thought just now to take pics of Sterling and also a pic of the house I made for him. He's been sleeping there every night. If we have real cold weather I can put his shelter and him in my garage.
He's such a cutie but needs a bath!!
See how he holds his little paw up???

Click image for larger version

Name:	sterling1.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	193246

Name:	sterling2.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	193247

Name:	sterling3.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	193248

Old 12-12-2017, 09:12 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
Poor thing, looks like he really likes you. He's saying let me in, I'm not meant to be an outside kitty. Kind of breaks my heart.

The way he is holding up his paw reminds me of my sisters cat she got declawed. She always held up one paw like that. I assume because of some permanent pain from being declawed. I was not happy with her doing that. It made me so sad when she declawed her cat and she would never acknowledge that it caused her cat lifelong pain. She was put to sleep because of some neurological problems with her rear legs, no longer could walk and in obvious pain, at a somewhat young age, always wondered if it had anything to do with being declawed.

Last edited by Izzie1213; 12-12-2017 at 09:36 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 10:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
thought just now to take pics of Sterling and also a pic of the house I made for him. He's been sleeping there every night. If we have real cold weather I can put his shelter and him in my garage.

Attachment 193246

Attachment 193247

Attachment 193248
That poor, precious baby.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:01 AM

165 posts, read 122,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

Attachment 193246

Attachment 193247

Attachment 193248
You are a remarkably compassionate person so good for you for taking care of him! I really tried to withhold judgement of the owner but your followup post about your confrontation with the owner is enough for me to judge that this woman should never own an animal and has no clue how to properly care for a cat. I'm glad that Sterling has taken a huge shine to you. Also seems like he likes you a hell of a lot more than his owner.

That front paw concerns me though. The only reason he has it up is because it hurts him to put pressure on it. Has he always done that? I wonder if he's feeling pain from declawing. Or some other kind of injury.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:05 AM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
I really don't get why people have their cats declared or why vets consent to do it. My cat likes to claw furniture but is happy with the scratch pads I buy her. She quickly adjusted to a firm 'no' when I caught her scratching & then led her to the pads.

Sterling looks so unhappy. I wish you could let him inside or find someone who can keep him. Everyone here had good thoughts & solutions. I, once, had a dog taken away from a neighbor who left him tied up outside without food or water. Maybe call the Humane Society & see what they advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats