Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You'll wait a long time.

Why won't you provide a safe environment for your pets?
Your criticism is misplaced. Though Don doesn't need me to stick up for him, he and his son are a couple of the best cat-parents on the planet. Perhaps you didn't see all the responses before your last post, but whatever. I would trust them with my girls any day of the week.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:23 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
For those who aren't familiar with what a lanai is, in FL, here are a few links to some awesome 'sunrooms', ' lanais'. A lanai can also be an enclosure attached to the home and covering the pool, with entertainment areas. All under custom screening or sliding screen doors for year 'round use.

Kitties love just stretching out in the sun and just laying on the warm tiles.

http://newfloridians.com/florida-liv...p-with-a-lanai

https://www.patioenclosures.com/inte...-pictures.aspx

Old 06-20-2018, 01:37 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Your criticism is misplaced. Though Don doesn't need me to stick up for him, he and his son are a couple of the best cat-parents on the planet. Perhaps you didn't see all the responses before your last post, but whatever. I would trust them with my girls any day of the week.
He admitted that snakes can enter his home through an unprotected room. That means other smaller animals can as well. Cats who are protected from the outdoors live longer lives. That's a fact.

My dog is vaccinated for snake venom every year, but I have never heard of anything for a cat. Cats are not immune from reptile venom or any other venom as far as I know.

There are those who have animals because they find them entertaining, but there are others whose primary goal is to provide the safest home. The OP and his pals are obviously in the former group.

I'm disgusted.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:17 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
Whenever I see all our cats in a circle... looking like they are having a "discussion," I know something got in the house. We mostly have super sized lizards.

I don't have a lanai, with a hole the size of a quarter...so that means the lizards must knock on the door and one of the cats let 'em in! Darn cats.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:06 PM

20,863 posts, read 9,518,220 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7O0y1g8FGM

Old 06-20-2018, 07:14 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
He admitted that snakes can enter his home through an unprotected room. That means other smaller animals can as well. Cats who are protected from the outdoors live longer lives. That's a fact.

My dog is vaccinated for snake venom every year, but I have never heard of anything for a cat. Cats are not immune from reptile venom or any other venom as far as I know.

There are those who have animals because they find them entertaining, but there are others whose primary goal is to provide the safest home. The OP and his pals are obviously in the former group.

I'm disgusted.

You have some serious problems that a cat forum will never fix. We have explained the situation to you multiple times, and yet you persist in being a pain. Every so often you run into that one person who just looks for ways to antagonize others, evidently from some internal issues, and today is that day. Something makes me believe that Happy in Wyoming isn't all that happy.

I think the mods would do us all a favor by closing this thread, and I thank everyone who was intelligent, and kind enough to understand the true situation and try to explain it to someone who is not capable of understanding.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:39 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
thread closed for mod review

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats