Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 01:48 PM

131 posts, read 54,723 times

Advertisements

I am going to have one of these kittens in about 2 weeks. First time owning a cat. The one in the back is mine. My friend said he's real shy. Hopefully he will get along with my Boston terrier
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of cats are these?-img_06741.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 01:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Without a better picture i'd guess a tiger cat =https://www.petmeds.org/petmeds-spot...coat-patterns/

Old 08-22-2018, 01:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Looks like your garden variety Domestic short-hair in a Tabby striped coat pattern. Domestic short-hairs are basically the hienz 57 mutts of the cat world. And make wonderful family pets, I might add.

Being a first time cat guardian, your in for a treat.... and a learning experience. You have come to the right place if you have any questions, and you probably will. Lots of experienced cat-lovers here who will be glad to be of help if you need it.

Good luck with your new furkid, and don't be a stranger here.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:31 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Looks like your garden variety Domestic short-hair in a Tabby striped coat pattern. Domestic short-hairs are basically the hienz 57 mutts of the cat world. And make wonderful family pets, I might add.
You've got yourself a brown tabby! They are my favorite color of cat (but then again, I love all cats).

Kittens are adaptable and he will likely adjust to your dog quickly. In fact, they may play together and become buddies.

Congratulations! Don't forget to get a tall cat tree, as kittens love to climb and play. Oh, and some scratching posts too. I suggest starting with a vertical and a horizontal one and see what he prefers.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:59 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingojut76 View Post
I am going to have one of these kittens in about 2 weeks. First time owning a cat. The one in the back is mine. My friend said he's real shy. Hopefully he will get along with my Boston terrier

Lucky you! They bring such joy to our lives...
Beautiful kitty!!

Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 PM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Has anyone seen this cat the Scottish Fold cat. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...ears-fht9llg06

Old 08-22-2018, 05:21 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Has anyone seen this cat the Scottish Fold cat. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...ears-fht9llg06
Only pictures, never had the pleasure in person.

I'm not a fan of selective breeding of cats & dogs to change or create another breed. Past experience tells us there often will be long term negative consequences for the animal. It's been going on for a long time but I'm not sure that's reason enough to keep doing it. But I'm sure the folks who make a profit breeding them would disagree with me.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:56 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
OP, as an owner of a very much loved but now deceased Boston Terrier, do not let the kitten get scared or angry in your Boston's face. They have eyes that can be clawed or injured easily. Introduce them while gently talking and holding kitten's front legs. Boston will want to sniff. Keep an eye on them both when they are together, don't leave them alone together, until you know they have accepted each other.

Kittens can be "wild", so be prepared for kitten mischief, even some damage. Hope you have some knowledge of kittens/cats in your background so you can be patient and know once settled in the baby will be just fine.

I had 4 house cats once upon a time. This kitten is a Tabby, looks just like my male Rascal. Had a female also named Rachel. Their white"mush" "glows in the dark", lol.

Best Wishes to you and your new family unit!

Old 08-23-2018, 10:08 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
OP, as an owner of a very much loved but now deceased Boston Terrier, do not let the kitten get scared or angry in your Boston's face. They have eyes that can be clawed or injured easily. Introduce them while gently talking and holding kitten's front legs. Boston will want to sniff. Keep an eye on them both when they are together, don't leave them alone together, until you know they have accepted each other.

Kittens can be "wild", so be prepared for kitten mischief, even some damage. Hope you have some knowledge of kittens/cats in your background so you can be patient and know once settled in the baby will be just fine.

I had 4 house cats once upon a time. This kitten is a Tabby, looks just like my male Rascal. Had a female also named Rachel. Their white"mush" "glows in the dark", lol.

Best Wishes to you and your new family unit!
Yes, do be careful both ways. I've had 4 Boston Terriers and every one of them has hated cats. Some of course do get along but if a Boston hasn't grown up around cats, his prey drive may kick in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats