Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 10:03 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times

Advertisements

I've found myself missing my kids so much, and while I've heard people say 'wait a while', the house and my room felt so empty. Some of the neighbors had set up an adoption even for local neighbors. I came home with two kittens. I still want the other little black one, still unadopted, but she and a striped little girl are getting the run of the large cage. I brought the dogs in to sleep there too, since it gets both used to the other. I don't know if the dogs will get back their sleeping situation, where they'd lay back and a couple of young cats or kittens would crawl up and sleep on them, and get a very gentle kiss when they they woke, but I think eventually.

I didn't have them fixed before as I thought it was more a major procedure than I thought. My older kitties had been exposed to the sprays, and had a LOT of breathing issues in cold weather or allergies. No sprays for these little guys. But I had doubts with the breathing issue they might have if they would have made it through.

The two new little ones slept curled up on my shoulder the first night, no dogs that night, and when they woke just laid there and purred a lot. They are past nursing at least and on canned or kitten food.

I slept so good. I'm still trying to figure out who or how to get the other small black kitten. She didn't get bought and is back to running loose, but she never leaves my back yard.

I miss my old guys. I knew they had 'age issues' and in the last year everyone was starting on old age infections and it was in some ways very hard looking at them growing weaker but giving them all they time they had.

My little black one will be named after Sweetie, the one who lived months on my own doctoring with homeopathic meds after a 'vet' said just let them die.... She's all black too, with green eyes. She was ten when she went to the great playground in the sky, or possibly eleven.

I still don't know how to describe the relationship between person and cat, and how they can have this special magic which makes all the worries go away when they snuggle and purr everyone to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 11:56 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
Everyone has their own timetable when they decide to get a new pet(s). We waited just 3 weeks after we lost our Tucker. I'm glad you found happiness with these two purr balls.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:46 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Congratulations....and they can reduce your blood pressure in a hurry.

Nothing better than snuggling kittens.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:16 PM

20,860 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Congrats on the new kittens!

Now, time for some pics.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:18 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Congratulations on the new family members. I hope you get the black kitten too.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:56 PM

20,860 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Maybe you should name them Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:01 AM

24,478 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Congratulations to the furry family additions. Please keep them safe!

Old 11-04-2018, 03:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Congratulations on the new family members. I hope you get the black kitten too.

There was something which required the cops which happened Haloween night. I was very worried that I'd never see them, if the adoption was also bogus. But apparently it is okay. The cops didn't know what to do with the kittens who were (I am assuming) to be victums of whatever they had planned. But the remaining family returned in the morning. The renter next to the location of the cops visit also hasn't been home. But the older ones and the little black kitten were back for breakfast.

I am sure I'm not the only one who helps them out. I still want them. Letting any more crap to settle right now.

But my little guys are happy to snuggle at night and have staked out the bed as theirs. The dogs and them still don't intentionally get too close but they'll get there. My big shepard mix came over for a friendly sniff, and little black kitten turned into hissing machine, then hid under a blanket on the couch for a while. Soooo.... we got some work there. But they will figure it out, I'm sure.

I want to get them to the good vet for his general innoculation which my first kitty had and worked quite well. And fixed. Which does NOT say I'm not ready to take on a couple more.... maybe the twins of the two I have who wait at the door.

One of the things on the primary ballot this year, just the beginning of plans, is to build an up to date shelter with a way for people to take animals they can't care for and HAVE them rehomed, working with locals and other areas. Right now its that cats and kittens have to just get the lucky draw in the game. There is a shelter but it is JUST for dogs.

I bet if they asked for those to be caregivers to young or old cats who just love them and want them safe they would get a good response, since a lot more people here do care about animals than the ones you notice when kitten get dumped by a road.

So Gumby and Pokey have welcomed their little kitty friends, and they haven't quit trying. And when I scatter some food they have managed to eat together. All good. Gumby is nearly to my waist, and loves his little sister, well, mostly. She's starting to mellow a bit as she hits about a year. Except for the dash out the front door fun..... alas.

(Gumby is the big dog, named after a small dog named Gumby who lived 14 years, and Pokey just seemed right for his future and now present friend.)

Anybody know how to post pictures? I would love to show them and Sweety the second to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats