Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 05:44 PM

17 posts, read 11,478 times

Advertisements

This will be interesting!

Please share your stories!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,217,168 times
Our cat Penelope has this interesting habit of running around like crazy for a few minutes after having a good poop. It must feel really good to her. I wish I felt that way!

Old 11-01-2018, 01:40 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Back in the late 90's we had a lovable little Tuxedo brat-cat named Mikey. My wife & I went out to celebrate New Years Eve, and unbeknownst to us, Mikey decided to do a bit celebrating himself. My wife grew and made her own catnip, and she had a rather large baggie full of the stuff on hand. She gave Mikey and his brother Bo a little nip treat before we left for the evening.

Problem was, she forgot to put it away & left it on the kitchen counter.

We can home in the wee hours of the morning to find a thoroughly shredded baggie of catnip, it's contents scattered all over the kitchen floor, and one drunk Tuxie laying on his back in the middle of it sound asleep. He didn't even wake up when we came in. My wife picked him up & brushed off the nip he had rolled around in, and put him to bed in his chair. It took a little while to clean up the mess, and by the time we finished we realized we hadn't Bo at all, which wasn't like him. After a brief search, we found him hiding under the bed, and he wasn't wild about coming out either. We figured his crazy brother got high on the catnip & spooked him or something, so we let him be. Mikey kept a low profile the next day and slept a lot. It took a couple more days before Bo stopped hissing at him.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:34 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I think the prize for funniest Nimbus story goes to the grocery bag story. It was just so weird. I started a thread mostly because of that story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hey, I have been away for CD for quite a while. Not sure just how much I'm returning to the site yet but wanted to pop in and share a cat story for my cat peeps.

My magnificent Nimbus cat, was displeased, because I was out all night. (My son was home, he got fed, his routine was just disrupted as I wasn't there for him to lay on my feet and sleep that night.) So the next day when I got home, and went to my room, I discovered a surprise...

We have a cabinet in the kitchen, which Nimbus is able to open, full of plastic grocery bags. He had removed ALL OF THEM, and carried them down the hall and deposited them in my bedroom. The entire floor was a sea of white Walmart bags. It must have taken him all night.

He has never done this before, or since.
He's a silly boy.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:31 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
It was a very physical, visual thing that I'll never be able to describe properly. It was the first time I gave her catnip in some cheesy little dollar store mesh toy. She sniffed it, grabbed it with both paws and crammed it in her mouth and ran off with it. She had to stop halfway across the room to lick it till it dripped, then used it, with both paws while laying on her back, like a washcloth, rubbing it all over her face, head, and ears. Then she dropped it and rolled her back all over it, sat up and swatted it across the room, ran after it, stopped short and did a somersault over it, sat on it like she was going to hatch it, and finally just fell over sideways.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:45 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Our cat Penelope has this interesting habit of running around like crazy for a few minutes after having a good poop. It must feel really good to her. I wish I felt that way!
Prolly precautionary to get rid of any dingleberries that happen to be hanging on.

Our cat will talk to you ... if you say "Good Morning, Luna", she says "Meow". She generally responds unless she's just being a cat and ignores you.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:46 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
It was a very physical, visual thing that I'll never be able to describe properly. It was the first time I gave her catnip in some cheesy little dollar store mesh toy. She sniffed it, grabbed it with both paws and crammed it in her mouth and ran off with it. She had to stop halfway across the room to lick it till it dripped, then used it, with both paws while laying on her back, like a washcloth, rubbing it all over her face, head, and ears. Then she dropped it and rolled her back all over it, sat up and swatted it across the room, ran after it, stopped short and did a somersault over it, sat on it like she was going to hatch it, and finally just fell over sideways.
She was drunk.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:09 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
That must have been some killer nip. Who's your dealer?

Old 11-02-2018, 01:24 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
One time I left my underwear drawer open. Bear (who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge ) decided he was going to rearrange the contents and started to bring all the items in said drawer into the living room. Most of my bras and panties were laying on the living room floor by the time I noticed as he was bring in another bra. He taught me to make sure the drawer was closed when I was done.

Cat

Old 11-02-2018, 04:25 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That must have been some killer nip. Who's your dealer?
When I first had her, a well-meaning friend gave her a big pinch of organic catnip and she had a "bad trip" and ended up standing on top of the door with no way down. The H rescued her and she slept for hours. So nip was off limits for a while until I saw a cute mesh thing with some old brown, dried-up, unlikely to mess with her too badly nip in it. And that's what happened. I now give it in small amounts, but have never again had either a bad reaction or such a funny one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
One time I left my underwear drawer open. Bear (who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge ) decided he was going to rearrange the contents and started to bring all the items in said drawer into the living room. Most of my bras and panties were laying on the living room floor by the time I noticed as he was bring in another bra. He taught me to make sure the drawer was closed when I was done.

Cat
Sounds like Sonic's plastic bag experience. Very fascinating - as long as you were alone while he was bringing out the undies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats