U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 12:24 PM

110 posts, read 16,834 times

Advertisements

We had an elderly cat 12+ years old that was losing weight, the vet did blood work but couldn't find anything wrong. My husband started fixing food like chicken with probiotics and other things to entice him to eat. He ended up dying in my arms as we took him to ER Vet. It was Lymphoma. He lived probably 6 months from start of weight loss to the end. Moe was his name and he was black with long hair. We adopted him when he was on our back porch and our young daughter saw him, and he wound around her legs, so Moe became a family member. He was the first of our 3 elderly cats to die, Sir Pumkin was almost 20 when old age took him, and Molly (a tabby) just died last year at 18.

I am keeping Gambo and you in my thoughts and prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 06:44 PM

56 posts, read 8,847 times
Thanks to all of you it means a lot to have all your support. I am leaving tomorrow and it makes me very nervous. Gambo continues to eat and he is very social. Everything with him is slow of course. Talked to the vet again yesterday and he said considering his diagnosis he is doing exceptional well. We should continue and increase the dose as needed. I am preparing very detailed List for my husband, but I hope he won’t need them. I also went baby food and treat shopping for him. On feb 25th, it’s Gambos 12s birthday. I am back on the 28th.

Currently, we are enjoying Valentines Day with Gambo on the couch, taking selfies with him, and me and my husband :-) It will be hard to say good bye tomorrow .... but I hope he will „wait“ for me to return.

@grandmanChris: your cats were all so lucky to be part of your family!!!

HAppy Valentines Day to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful day, filled with love (and purrs).

Old 02-14-2019, 08:04 PM

816 posts, read 1,227,009 times
May 14, 2015 is when my tuxedo cat, Tony, crossed the Rainbow Bridge from lymphoma. I knew it was time. On his last morning, he mustered enough strength to kneed in my lap.

It was the longest day ever but I somehow got through it. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:47 AM

5,999 posts, read 12,218,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
Thanks to all of you it means a lot to have all your support. I am leaving tomorrow and it makes me very nervous. Gambo continues to eat and he is very social. Everything with him is slow of course. Talked to the vet again yesterday and he said considering his diagnosis he is doing exceptional well. We should continue and increase the dose as needed. I am preparing very detailed List for my husband, but I hope he won’t need them. I also went baby food and treat shopping for him. On feb 25th, it’s Gambos 12s birthday. I am back on the 28th.

Currently, we are enjoying Valentines Day with Gambo on the couch, taking selfies with him, and me and my husband :-) It will be hard to say good bye tomorrow .... but I hope he will „wait“ for me to return.

@grandmanChris: your cats were all so lucky to be part of your family!!!

HAppy Valentines Day to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful day, filled with love (and purrs).

Oh no I thought you had already left and would home soon! Well, Gambo remains on my mind. Thanks for the happy update. x

Old 02-15-2019, 04:12 AM

Tallydude, glad you were with Tony when it was time. I fear the day, and the days and weeks after. It’s really really hard. Do you want another furry purry friend?

Old 02-18-2019, 12:39 PM

If at all possible maybe you can update us on Gambo. I'm sure you will be getting reports from your SO daily. Maybe you can spare a moment now and then. Gambo is ever on my mind. xx

Old 02-18-2019, 12:42 PM

2,210 posts, read 1,931,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
If at all possible maybe you can update us on Gambo. I'm sure you will be getting reports from your SO daily. Maybe you can spare a moment now and then. Gambo is ever on my mind. xx
I too would appreciate reading an update. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:18 AM

Thanks for checking on us!! I think I mentioned a long list and „training“ for my husband. I am currently with my parents in Germany. For the next week I am buzy for my company.

Both, Gambo and husband seem to do fine. Gambo seems to be eating very well and he also woke my husband up yesterday morning (very good sign!). He keeps sending me cute pictures and it seems alll very promising so far. I am a little more relaxed now, even though I am aware that it can go downhill any day, and I am still overseas for over a week.

A very good friend of mine told me that Gambo will wait for me. I followed your advise to talk to him. We had very open and clear conversations about my travel, his upcoming birthday and a small surgery I will have beginning of March. He always watche me when I am sick. But, we take it day by day ...

Cat has lymphoma - what to expect during last weeks/ days-382a1042-cd7a-4e4c-8fd8-e6dad432b259.jpeg

Old 02-19-2019, 04:52 AM

Thank you so much for the update and picture of your beautiful precious boy! xx

Old 02-19-2019, 09:16 AM

Well....my husband now said it’s getting more and more difficult for Gambo. He is eating, and walking but he is getting slower and slower. Just to lie down is getting more and more difficult. My husband thinks Gambo will be ok till next week but also said we should look into his final way rather soon. He is afraid we are missing the point, and then have to pull him from under the bed, or he is hissing etc in pain. I hope he waits and I can be with him, when it’s time (most likely next week) :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or