Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:04 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
Well....my husband now said it’s getting more and more difficult for Gambo. He is eating, and walking but he is getting slower and slower. Just to lie down is getting more and more difficult. My husband thinks Gambo will be ok till next week but also said we should look into his final way rather soon. He is afraid we are missing the point, and then have to pull him from under the bed, or he is hissing etc in pain. I hope he waits and I can be with him, when it’s time (most likely next week) :-(
I can't imagine what you are going through right now, being so far away from him during his final days.

However, if your husband thinks it may be "time" before you get home, please consider doing this. As a friend once told me, "better a week too soon than a day too late."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 10:10 AM

294 posts, read 180,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
I can't imagine what you are going through right now, being so far away from him during his final days.

However, if your husband thinks it may be "time" before you get home, please consider doing this. As a friend once told me, "better a week too soon than a day too late."
Agree, I also communicated this to my husband (even though it wasn’t easy to speak it out).

Old 02-19-2019, 11:47 AM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times

Old 02-19-2019, 12:09 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
Quote:
Agree, I also communicated this to my husband (even though it wasn’t easy to speak it out).
I'm relieved to read this. If it were me in the same situation, I'd want my husband to give our kitty a peaceful ending. So sorry this is happening to you.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:08 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Well....my husband now said it’s getting more and more difficult for Gambo. He is eating, and walking but he is getting slower and slower. Just to lie down is getting more and more difficult. My husband thinks Gambo will be ok till next week but also said we should look into his final way rather soon. He is afraid we are missing the point, and then have to pull him from under the bed, or he is hissing etc in pain. I hope he waits and I can be with him, when it’s time (most likely next week) :-(

Oh I'm so sorry, but I am glad you won't make him wait for you. That's the way with cancer, they seem to be doing okay, and then suddenly, they aren't. When it's time, it absolutely is time and I am glad Gambo will not be made to wait. Thinking of you all. xx

Old 02-24-2019, 09:14 AM

Update: I am still on my training overseas but will be back Wednesday afternoon. As per my husband, Gambo is doing ok, slow but eating, watching tv with him, walking. Tomorrow is his 12. birthday and I can’t wait to return and see Gambo again!!!!! Gambo will be happy too. He loves my husband but we have a much stronger bond. He will be thrilled to see me too �� I keep you posted after my return.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:24 AM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
*crosses fingers*

Old 02-24-2019, 10:33 AM

Thank you so much for the update! So glad to hear Gambo is stil enjoying his simple things in life.xx

Old 02-27-2019, 03:35 PM

I am back home!!! Gambo got really attached to my husband. LOL. He basically looked big eyes at him when I came home. His weight seems stable, his fur looks good, he is eating (baby food only, but who cares). He started giving him CBD and Life Gold with his baby food again twice a day and he said it makes a huge difference since he started especially the CBD. My husband even said that Gambo is doing to well to put him asleep right now!! SMILE!!!!!!!

Happy we don’t have trips planned right now (next is only in May...).

Updates to follow as they occur. Thanks to all of you for listening and being there for me.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I am back home!!! Gambo got really attached to my husband. LOL. He basically looked big eyes at him when I came home. His weight seems stable, his fur looks good, he is eating (baby food only, but who cares). He started giving him CBD and Life Gold with his baby food again twice a day and he said it makes a huge difference since he started especially the CBD. My husband even said that Gambo is doing to well to put him asleep right now!! SMILE!!!!!!!

Happy we don’t have trips planned right now (next is only in May...).

Updates to follow as they occur. Thanks to all of you for listening and being there for me.

Oh how wonderful! Thank you for letting us know! I'll be watching for more updates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats