U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 09:25 AM

1,261 posts, read 374,676 times

Advertisements

We talk to our cats a lot. Sometimes they talk to us (one of the females when she wants a drink from the tub spigot or wants to explore in some closed off rooms). My wife and I frequently use the cats to talk to each other too. E.G., Aya says it’s about time to go out and shovel the driveway, Bryer says it’s time for dinner, Munchkin says it’s about time for us to put out some bird seed, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 09:08 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,098,642 times
Of course! They understand tone of voice, inflection, and maybe even content.
I talk to my chickens too.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:33 PM

16,936 posts, read 10,414,645 times
Just a few minutes ago, I had a conversation with Lucky. He was sitting on my lap, purring, and I asked how his day was, does he know he is a good kitty, etc. He didn't have a lot to say, but he did look up at me a lot, as if to acknowledge what I was saying.

Both he and Daisy have a very good vocabulary, like " Do you want to eat ? Would you like a treat ? Are you guys ready for bed ? etc. I know non animal lovers would think I was nuts for having these in depth conversations with a cat, but we pet lovers understand completely.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM

8,048 posts, read 5,411,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just a few minutes ago, I had a conversation with Lucky. He was sitting on my lap, purring, and I asked how his day was, does he know he is a good kitty, etc. He didn't have a lot to say, but he did look up at me a lot, as if to acknowledge what I was saying.

Both he and Daisy have a very good vocabulary, like " Do you want to eat ? Would you like a treat ? Are you guys ready for bed ? etc. I know non animal lovers would think I was nuts for having these in depth conversations with a cat, but we pet lovers understand completely.
And you get even stranger looks when you tell them that you can understand what the cat is saying. Most of us can whether we realize it or not. I can even tell when my girl Angel is unhappy with me and using naughty words. She's always had a bit of a potty-mouth.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:32 PM

58 posts, read 7,749 times
I talk to both cats and dog.

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

1,814 posts, read 698,631 times
My cat likes me to talk to her head. When she is laying next to me she will smoosh the top of her head against my mouth. I don't know if it's the warmth of my breath, or the feel/ vibration of me talking to her head against my mouth. She does the same with my son. It's another one of her odd things she does, but I guess that it's odd for me too , to "talk to her head".

Old Today, 11:23 AM

37 posts, read 26,877 times
I still talk to my kitty even though she has been in kitty heaven for almost 20 years. I still miss her. Maybe she's still listening.

Old Today, 11:27 AM

10,505 posts, read 14,533,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
And you get even stranger looks when you tell them that you can understand what the cat is saying. Most of us can whether we realize it or not. I can even tell when my girl Angel is unhappy with me and using naughty words. She's always had a bit of a potty-mouth.
...... and then you get 'the look' ...... LOL !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats