U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:38 AM

12,428 posts, read 17,089,086 times

Advertisements

ShadowCat had what looked like a seizure - screamed like a banyee, ears back, fangs out, rolled around, lashed out at me. Vet is not in, SO is in a meeting (who cares, he was home in no time). Screaming 18 pounds in her cage. Nothing at the emergency vet. Sweet as can be. X rays, blood work, MRI, cat scan - I asked for a translation of medical gibberish after I saw the bill. She had a trapped fart! She had as so scared!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 10:28 AM

50 posts, read 7,011 times
The worst my cat has done .... he „stole“ my heart ❤️

Other than that, he peed on our mattress. But it wasn’t his fault. We had water damage in our house and he „rescued“ himself on the bed the entire day. The entire house was covered in water and he was probably terrified. We had to throw it out and got a new one.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:13 AM

347 posts, read 1,402,601 times
My one 19-pounder tied himself for worst/most stupid cat... (yes, he was not a lightweight, but since he was part Maine Coon, there was not an ounce of fat on the behemoth)

Stupid adventure #1: Crawled up into the basement ceiling and started roaming around, fell down into the wall open space between the studs under the stairs and could not get up/out... I had to cut a hole in the drywall to get him out...

Stupid adventure #2: Renovations in the upstairs bathroom (where the contractor in spite of my specifying NOT to leave any open holes) meant he crawled into a hole in the floor and managed to get himself stuck due to the odd spacing... 24 hours later I had cut a larger hole in the floor, was frazzled from listening to him cry and was still trying to get him out. I finally put a can of tuna down and hoped for the best. I came back two hours later... can was empty and the damned cat had gone back into the hole!!! I got a book, another can of tuna, and settled in.... within the hour he came back out and I nabbed him. "Bad Kitty" were not the words I used.

Note to self: Never leave a hole bigger than mouse-size ANYWHERE in the house... I spent a couple weeks cat-proofing....

Old 02-19-2019, 11:26 AM

22,232 posts, read 4,692,088 times
[quote=Izzie1213;54466731]Threw up in my open purse.

She always looks for something to throw up on.

^^^^^

LOL.....!!

Old 02-19-2019, 11:27 AM

22,232 posts, read 4,692,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
A number of years ago, our Tucker was sick with pancreatitis over the holidays. He spent a lot of time under the Christmas tree, sleeping. He managed to puke all over the outlet strip that was nearby, and we had to replace that and the tree skirt. It was gross but also kinda funny. LOL
Puking episodes are not funny at the time but become so....

Old 02-19-2019, 11:51 AM

13,528 posts, read 12,246,836 times
Aside from making noise every night when Im trying to sleep, shes an angel.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:16 PM

1,848 posts, read 712,113 times
One of my past kitties had a temper. She would lash out quickly with claws, hissing, growling and yowling, she really let you know when she was mad. She was a Persian with cotton candy fur. Matted easily. Had a heck of a time with grooming, my arms had lots of scratches, she would get a lion cut about once a year.

One poor new vet tech was at the receiving end if her wrath. Scooped her up from the exam table to bring her in back to get weight. She got a claw imbedded in her lip which I had to get it out of her lip before she got her face ripped off.

Hopefully the poor girl learned just because kitty is a pretty little thing doesn't mean it won't try to eat you.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:24 AM

365 posts, read 201,769 times
Let's just say I have become a pro at splicing electrical cords. I have always had at least one cat in the house that loved to chew on them. But if that is the worst thing I have had to deal with, how lucky am I?

Old 02-20-2019, 08:55 AM

445 posts, read 214,373 times
Marvin, who has been traumatized ever since his buddy Maynard died, was cuddling with my husband when he suddenly turned around and sprayed my husband in the face.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:31 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,446,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
Marvin, who has been traumatized ever since his buddy Maynard died, was cuddling with my husband when he suddenly turned around and sprayed my husband in the face.

Folks, I think we have a winner. My condolences to your husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or