U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 05:48 PM

1,848 posts, read 712,113 times

Advertisements

This wasn't my cat but a friend's. This also was when most telephones we're corded. When phone not in use she had to wrap the long cords up and over the phone, not leaving then hanging freely or her cat would bite on cord. She never played with it or chewed on it. The cat would take just one bite and the cord would be destroyed. She figured the cat liked the slight tingle from the low voltage in cord, had a phone cord addiction for lack of a better description. Never chewed on lamp cords. Sad had to keep a drawer full of spare phone cords.

Cats are just weird sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 07:02 PM

8,495 posts, read 9,410,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Threw up in my open purse. She always looks for something to throw up on. Usually it's paperwork I'm working on that I've sat on the floor.

I was visiting my best friend once and had put my purse on the floor. Her cat peed in it! LOL We couldn't believe she'd done that.

I had a kitten once that I called my Kitten From Hell! She was something else. There was nothing in the house that she couldn't get into/pull out or down/tear up. I dreaded going home after work for fear of what I'd find this time! lol She completely shredded my shower curtain and, of course the TP was the first thing to go. She could open ALL cabinets and pull stuff out. I had a dozen plants around and she managed to knock them ALL onto the floor. One a day! I know I was supposed to repot most of them but geez, let me do it when *I* want to. She left them alone after that though. She got up in the closet and dropped clothes off the hangers. Just so many things. BUT she was one of the smartest cats I've ever had and I swear she always knew exactly what I was saying when I'd talk to her. Every night, on the way to bed, she would go around and seem to be checking the doors and windows. She would come get me when 'she' thought it was bedtime. One time I got annoyed because she wouldn't leave me alone. Told her just go to bed, I'll be there! She went. I lost her almost two years ago now, at age 12, and still miss her. She did outgrow all that 'kitten stuff', thankfully.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 PM

1,571 posts, read 245,051 times
On our annual drive to the Midwest to visit my Dad, my cat one time suddenly became obsessed with jumping on the dashboard right in front of my face, blocking my whole view of the road.

This was in the middle of the night, us and a bunch of tractor trailers zooming down the highway. We had a giant fight, our one and only ever, which ended when I roughly flung her off with one hand and screamed at her.

Then she sat upright like a good girl on the passenger's side seat and washed her face. We went through a toll booth and the collector saw Taffee sitting there acting like an angel and said it was the cutest thing she'd ever seen.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:15 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,012,919 times
George escaped out the door for a few minutes. I realized it within a minute or two. He walked off the deck into the woods. I had to keep following after him, he's a heck of a lot faster than I am.

Bad kitty!!! He'd love the freedom of the outside, but it's just not safe for him out there (where I live)

Old 02-22-2019, 09:24 AM

1,848 posts, read 712,113 times
Dfour, I had a cat like George. She was always escaping. She would hear us coming in the front door and hide and make a mad dash out. Quite a few times we didn't notice because we were not careful, or carrying in bags of groceries and such. We learned to do sort of a dance as you were coming in and going out to block her attempts of escape. We we're always having to check to make sure she was in the house then if not grab a large spot light flashlight I purchased just for searching for her at night. We live on a pretty busy road so very dangerous to chase because a few times she would run towards the road.

I finally got a chain link dog run my sister no longer used and she could go in and out of house at will, the area is planted will cat friendly plants. This really cut down on the escape attempts. Maybe you need a catico?

Old 02-23-2019, 04:21 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,012,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Dfour, I had a cat like George. She was always escaping. She would hear us coming in the front door and hide and make a mad dash out. Quite a few times we didn't notice because we were not careful, or carrying in bags of groceries and such. We learned to do sort of a dance as you were coming in and going out to block her attempts of escape. We we're always having to check to make sure she was in the house then if not grab a large spot light flashlight I purchased just for searching for her at night. We live on a pretty busy road so very dangerous to chase because a few times she would run towards the road.

I finally got a chain link dog run my sister no longer used and she could go in and out of house at will, the area is planted will cat friendly plants. This really cut down on the escape attempts. Maybe you need a catico?

Izzie1213, yes it's amazing how fast they can scoot through a door if they want to. And here is a link to a post that I started about an enclosure built on our deck.

A fort ....cat enclosure for George

Old 02-23-2019, 03:37 PM

12,428 posts, read 17,083,017 times
ChaCha is a master wire cutter:>) Working from home I rely on a good head set to be somewhat mobile. I did my morning chitchat with SO when ChaCha came up to me and wanted to get scratched. Of course, please sit with me! Line went dead. I called him back to tell him I was about to embark on a journey to Wallyworld 15 miles down the road. Success! I had the same headset, called SO to test it and ... the line went dead. Yes, I got #3 and wrapped the cord in plastic spirals. The absolute surprise Christmas present that year - cord free top of the line headset which has now lasted almost eight years.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:41 PM

2,583 posts, read 1,084,806 times
Not either one of my current cats; neither of them do anything particularly horrible, lol. The worst things they have done are pretty minor--leave hairballs where I've stepped in one or eat part of my plants.

We had a cat who was obsessed with chewing up leather so kept leather out of his reach. One night he somehow sneaked into our room and completely destroyed a rather expensive leather ottoman with a storage compartment. He was still chewing off the last bits of leather when I turned on the light and caught him. I can't repeat what I said or else I will be banned from CD Perhaps his leather habit kept him healthy because he lived to be 19 and I still miss him even though it's been years.

Another cat we had slapped a sandwich out of my husband's hand, snatched it up after it hit the floor and started to run off with it. It was pretty hilarious because the cat had 3 legs and was one we had gotten from a rescue. Even though she had only 3 legs she sure could move.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:49 PM

5,210 posts, read 2,085,212 times
My daughters tomcat has a bacon addiction. In the not too distant past he found a rat trap with bacon in it and paid the price for his greed. I came home to him half frozen on the back porch with the trap on his paw. I took it off and when my daughter came home she took him to the vet. They had to amputate his paw. $1200 all told.

He still raids the trash cans and finds trouble with the other cats out and about. His sister is the exact opposite.

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

50 posts, read 7,011 times
I just remember one thing: we literally had Gambo for 2 days. He decided to move on the kitchen cabinets. The corner area was not covered but a tiny hole.

I came home and was on the phone with my husband. He was on top of the cabinets. One second later, he was gone! He “jumped” into the hole! We had to break it up from the bottom to pull him out:-)

Another time, we couldn’t find him. We searched for hours only to find him behind the washer. He jumped there and didn’t get back out, but he also didn’t complain. :-)

The last years have been “incident”free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or