U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:27 AM

3,952 posts, read 1,372,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Yes...no cat would likely tolerate an outfit...

I'll just leave him alone then.

Thanks-
People who have sphinx cats use sweaters.

Our local shelter got a few sphinx from a hoarding situation. They were very strict with the adoption process, only adopting to people who had proven prior experience with the breed or who attended a seminar on carimg for them, due to the care issues re:not having fur, and us being in a cold winter climate (it's sunny and 18 F right now!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:11 PM

21,824 posts, read 4,595,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r03ix9A View Post
Is he a "caver kitty," the kind of guy who likes to curl up inside things? If so, one thing you might do is to create a hidey-hole on top of his warming pad to concentrate the warmth inside a little cave for him.

My sibling has a cat who is chronically cold and always tries to burrow into blankets or pillows for warmth. She got one of those milk-crate-style plastic boxes and laid it on its side on the floor beside a heating vent. She put a folded up towel inside for a soft bed, and then draped a blanket around and over the crate, just leaving the open side of the box uncovered. Her chilly kitty loves hanging out inside his warm, soft cave, and because it's a milk-crate type of box rather than a solid-walled tub, she knows he won't suffocate.

There's a cat-supply store in our community that sells cat cave-beds made out of felted material, which would also help, especially if placed on or near a heat source.

I've seen the felted caves online....they'd love it....but the ones I saw were pricey, ie $80. (handmade).

Will just come up with my own design...

if he gets really thin and frail in years to come I might then consider a little jacket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or