U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 06:08 AM

3,413 posts, read 888,840 times

Advertisements

Our cat Penelope was recently diagnosed with feline Herpes. She is an older feral cat, probably at least 15, maybe older. She has had a cold for months. Plus she throws up a lot. She seems to sleep most of the day, but does like to be petted. has anyone else experienced this disease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:31 AM

21,824 posts, read 4,595,934 times
Yes, it comes and goes....appears like a cold. We gave him alternately antiviral meds and antibiotics but truthfully we gave it up. No a big help....I can tell he feels a little bad with sniffles but it doesn't last long.

No real cure. Right now he throws it off but don't know about when he's elderly....

Last edited by greatblueheron; Today at 09:44 AM..

Old Today, 12:13 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,121,075 times
Ferals are more prone to upper respiratory problems later in life. She's possibly throwing up a lot of swallowed mucus.

Mine has never lived outdoors, but has upper respiratory problems and the house is covered in snot. The vet says her three are the same. This year it took three courses of antibiotics to get my cat better. Last year it took 3 days. I'm not looking forward to next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or