U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2019, 03:41 PM
 
4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times
Reputation: 3115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
Woohoo!
Haha, if I wasn't so cheap/broke & didn't spend more on kitty than myself--I'd have better than a fliphone w/ tape on back holding battery in!lol

Kid u not...


So, u are one of her Fan Club members & if this tech challenged human--aka me-- ever can get a pic of her I will upload--somehow. big somehow..hehe

U see she comes 1st in the loot dept, then my g/f & then... i get rations along w/ the feral outside. he & i need share the same space on the patio he sleeps on. &.. come winter, i'll be out there, i guess, but hey at least the 2 girls (cat & g/f) can have a warm apt.

who cares of me & the feral..we're both males! we get no rights......j/k...

ps - yes, if u think im losin my mind over the past month i am so jsut go w/ it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2019, 03:45 PM
 
4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times
Reputation: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
Woohoo!
TY

i still have mostly 24 oz deer tubs left. about 5-6. a few pork 3-4 & scant chicken in 8oz tubs. how i tried alternating these flavors properly-wise n yet ran surplus in deer/pork unknown to me..

i would be fired as a cafeteria manager due to failing to keep inventory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 05:49 PM
 
4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times
Reputation: 3115
SHe ate 3 days in row--RadCat deer for breakfast & lunch! Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 06:42 PM
 
16,685 posts, read 14,174,341 times
Reputation: 23029
Went through something similar with a relative's cat. Has hepatitis, got treated but was not eating at all, so bought a variety of human food (foreign country, very limited animal care and food selection) to see which one she would eat. She started eating that, eventually after a few days, back to normal eating. Was getting IV of fluids and vitamins also during that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 07:55 PM
 
Location: I am right here.
4,929 posts, read 4,213,919 times
Reputation: 15621
I just wanted to comment on the Friskies canned food....

I just lost my oldest cat to the Rainbow Bridge. She almost exclusively ate canned Friskies pate food for her entire life. Once in a while, she'd venture into another brand of canned, but she really, REALLY preferred Friskies pate.

She was 24 YEARS old.

So for what it's worth...Friskies pate served my cat very well. She loved it, she ate it, and it sustained her very long life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 08:02 PM
 
4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times
Reputation: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Went through something similar with a relative's cat. Has hepatitis, got treated but was not eating at all, so bought a variety of human food (foreign country, very limited animal care and food selection) to see which one she would eat. She started eating that, eventually after a few days, back to normal eating. Was getting IV of fluids and vitamins also during that time.
Ty for this info too When I run out of RadCat I'll begin all kinds of trials. But til then I'm hanging on w/ RadCat left yet.

I feel bad tho as outside feral is getting Friskies only -- no RadCat for him now. But our indoor just went thru major eye removal surgery thus the over protection to help her heal longterm, I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 08:04 PM
 
4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times
Reputation: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I just wanted to comment on the Friskies canned food....

I just lost my oldest cat to the Rainbow Bridge. She almost exclusively ate canned Friskies pate food for her entire life. Once in a while, she'd venture into another brand of canned, but she really, REALLY preferred Friskies pate.

She was 24 YEARS old.

So for what it's worth...Friskies pate served my cat very well. She loved it, she ate it, and it sustained her very long life.
Good to know as 24 cat yrs is longer than I'll be on earth, for sure -- or best put; longer than I WANT to be here. I'm already jaded & if not for the animals in this world there'd be no real reason to carry on. But that is another topic for another time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 04:56 AM
 
6,359 posts, read 13,068,665 times
Reputation: 8971
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Ty for this info too When I run out of RadCat I'll begin all kinds of trials. But til then I'm hanging on w/ RadCat left yet.

I feel bad tho as outside feral is getting Friskies only -- no RadCat for him now. But our indoor just went thru major eye removal surgery thus the over protection to help her heal longterm, I hope.

But a transition is better done slowly. It would be better to have other foods she will eat already in place by the time it runs out.
So glad to know she is eating well again. Sounds like she's adjusting well. Good job taking care of her. xx

Last edited by catsmom21; 09-06-2019 at 05:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 09:12 AM
 
4,349 posts, read 4,293,777 times
Reputation: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
But a transition is better done slowly. It would be better to have other foods she will eat already in place by the time it runs out.
So glad to know she is eating well again. Sounds like she's adjusting well. Good job taking care of her. xx
TY as you already know how things are REALLY going for me. Deep breath, I'm having issues tho addressing how T will function & get out of hospital -- & then make a major move. I don't know how "Chompers" aka the feral is going to be handled yet either.

It'll take my sister's (& her own family) help in Cali (even if she is semi-reluctant) as this cannot be done by myself. Too many things to deal w/ & no way can I handle them all. It is like a tornado & I need to gain equilibrium before I even think of doing all this.

It better get done by yr's end period, as I'm in mood for any more hassles on this end. I have never recalled me being this upset over so many things in my entire life.

OK, I will rep folks on here as I can too, but it seems I can't even do that as of late. Unreal the way things are going. Still think a dark cloud is hanging over me for some reason.

The ONLY thing right so far is she is eating her RadCat at every meal so far yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 12:48 PM
 
11,102 posts, read 15,599,221 times
Reputation: 10024
One day at a time. Slow down MLM .... you are not Superman.

(But I am Superwoman ! y'all understand that, right?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top