U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 07:01 PM

8,693 posts, read 6,138,284 times

Advertisements

It seems the OP cares more about verbal sparing and returning the negativity that he himself created. Not spending anymore time here. I'm out of this thread.

I suspect it's going to be locked shortly anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 07:03 PM

6,365 posts, read 13,075,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Just a tiny Bengal cat. Yes, it is an infant taken away from mother ways too early for the socalled breeder to make a buck and you to be able to bragg.

We have one of those. Second hand - was cute, then declawed, thrown out when the vet apparently refused to pull her fangs.

Terradown has a point.

Not only that, Bengals (if the cat is actually a Bengal) are extremely high maintenance animals. They need a ton of attention and interaction and exercise on a daily basis. They are excessively vocal as well, even with adequate attention.

And they have special health concerns, which the parents of this kitten (if he exists) most likely were not genetically tested for, so the kitten is at high risk for several genetic diseases, HCM (heart disease), PK deficiency (kidney disease) and PRA (progressive retinal atrophy).

I remember a thread a while back from someone who bought a "Bengal" from a BYB or kitten farm and ended up dumping the kitten back at the "breeders" within a week though he was advised to take the kitten to a breed rescue where he would be properly taken care of and a good home properly screened for him, rather than re-sold by the unethical breeder to the person with the most cash..

Maybe this kitten (if he exists) will get lucky and the OP will take him to a breed rescue where he can have a home with someone who actually understands how to love a kitten and take care of him, and isn't thinking it's funny if the dog kills him..

Old 09-16-2019, 07:06 PM

6,365 posts, read 13,075,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It seems the OP cares more about verbal sparing and returning the negativity that he himself created. Not spending anymore time here. I'm out of this thread.

I suspect it's going to be locked shortly anyway.

We can hope. It's most likely all fantasy anyway. We can hope for that too.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:41 PM

395 posts, read 112,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I'm not sure why anyone is asking if there's such a thing as "too much love." I don't think it's possible to give anything "too much" love!

How about a pic?
Quote:
It's really easy to upload a pic as an attachment. I do it all the time.
Alright, will try to upload a couple, let me know if they are visible on your end, too.

Yes, the Imaginary Kitty's not exactly uber-cute, I know.

The other 3 pics also show my Imaginary Husky. It's quite perplexing how much food she eats, being Imaginary and all...
Attached Thumbnails
How much love is safe for kittens to receive ?-09_16-1616.jpg   How much love is safe for kittens to receive ?-09_16-1631.jpg   How much love is safe for kittens to receive ?-09_16-1640.jpg   How much love is safe for kittens to receive ?-09_16-1656.jpg  

Old 09-16-2019, 07:49 PM

4,308 posts, read 2,250,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Not only that, Bengals (if the cat is actually a Bengal) are extremely high maintenance animals. They need a ton of attention and interaction and exercise on a daily basis. They are excessively vocal as well, even with adequate attention.

And they have special health concerns, which the parents of this kitten (if he exists) most likely were not genetically tested for, so the kitten is at high risk for several genetic diseases, HCM (heart disease), PK deficiency (kidney disease) and PRA (progressive retinal atrophy).

I remember a thread a while back from someone who bought a "Bengal" from a BYB or kitten farm and ended up dumping the kitten back at the "breeders" within a week though he was advised to take the kitten to a breed rescue where he would be properly taken care of and a good home properly screened for him, rather than re-sold by the unethical breeder to the person with the most cash..

Maybe this kitten (if he exists) will get lucky and the OP will take him to a breed rescue where he can have a home with someone who actually understands how to love a kitten and take care of him, and isn't thinking it's funny if the dog kills him..
I highly doubt that the OP is likely to expend any real effort to deal with a Bengal cat's special needs. After all, he thinks that cats are very, very stupid and selfish compared to even simple dogs, much less Huskies like his, which is a "miracle from G-d". Blergh. Apparently the cat is present only to serve as a beta-level companion to the miraculous Husky, so if that celestial being eventually succumbs to its high prey drive and kills the cat - well hey, the cat was only an inferior creature anyway.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:51 PM

10,635 posts, read 3,218,239 times
Awww, what a cutie!

Old 09-16-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Just a tiny Bengal cat. Yes, it is an infant taken away from mother ways too early for the socalled breeder to make a buck and you to be able to bragg.
I am very sorry to disappoint you, but the idea that I would "brag" because of some cat, is incredibly ridiculous. If anything, I won't mention it to anybody whose opinion I value, because the last thing I want is to be labeled as a "cat person".

Of course, as a proper sociopath, you completely ignored 2 pages of posts where I explained how I care for the little kitty.

And only showed up in the thread to supply a completely unfounded attack with a fantasy you pulled out of your ***. Oh, what a lovely keyboard warrior you are

Old 09-16-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Awww, what a cutie!
Wait, you are allowed to post a "Saturday-Night-Live" sarcasms and I'm not ? That's not fair !

Here's another one for you:
Attached Thumbnails
How much love is safe for kittens to receive ?-09_16-1661_cr.jpg  

Old 09-16-2019, 08:17 PM

4,308 posts, read 2,250,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
I am very sorry to disappoint you, but the idea that I would "brag" because of some cat, is incredibly ridiculous. If anything, I won't mention it to anybody whose opinion I value, because the last thing I want is to be labeled as a "cat person".

Of course, as a proper sociopath, you completely ignored 2 pages of posts where I explained how I care for the little kitty.

And only showed up in the thread to supply a completely unfounded attack with a fantasy you pulled out of your ***. Oh, what a lovely keyboard warrior you are
You know, coming on a "cat" forum and then posting that the last thing you want to be labeled is a "cat person" is incredibly insulting to the rest of the posters here. And btw, the 2 pages of posts about the care you give the kitten doesn't earn you any badge of honor - it's no more than any responsible pet owner would do for their kitten, especially considering the unfortunate circumstances under which it was obtained.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Darling, and this is no exaggeration, the most hyper Bengal I've read about is barely 30% of my hyper-active Husky.

Do you have any idea how much Huskies talk ? Especially the talkative ones ?

When Bengal owners brag that they "can handle Bengal", it's patently laughlable. Sure, if you compare Bengal to a rabbit, then yes - Bengal is more work.

Thanks to the YT, these days you don't just have to take the online article as a source. Nothing beats the series of videos showing how exactly they behave (alone and with dogs), then you read the comments below the vid.

The "destructiveness" of Bengals is also non-issue. My Husky, as a teething puppy, chewed through the brand new recliner within couple weeks. And not just the outer soft layer. I'm talking about the thick, strong, hard wood that is the foundation. On both sides. The recliner, literally, collapsed on itself.
I wasn't mad, I was happy that that made her happy.

Contrast that to some glass that a cat throws down from the kitchen counter and it should be obvious that that's a non-issue.

As with any animal, based on temperament and up-bringing, each one is a unique individual, so there are obviously huge differences between any dozen specimen of given animal. So, please don't try to counter with some YT vid of a quiet and tame Husky - as that's not what I have at home.

I don't mind their maintenance effort, because I work from home so I have all the time I need.

I walk my Husky 4-6 times a day. I recently started taking kitty with me and she really enjoys the warm sun while in my arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or