U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 09:39 PM

1,112 posts, read 359,965 times

Advertisements

Sending lots of love.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 06:22 PM

215 posts, read 40,131 times
I think I have allergies. It’s killing me. Blue is amazing and I can see myself really liking her. But my chest is tight. Maybe the cat litter? I bought allerpet and no difference. She is hardly shedding. Maybe my body gets used to her?

Old 09-20-2019, 10:43 AM

32,836 posts, read 60,943,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
I think I have allergies. It’s killing me. Blue is amazing and I can see myself really liking her. But my chest is tight. Maybe the cat litter? I bought allerpet and no difference. She is hardly shedding. Maybe my body gets used to her?
My allergies react differently to different cats. I'm fine around my cat (I vacuum a lot! and brush Cookie at least once a day) as long as I don't bury my face in her fur. Some cats I can be around with no reaction. But other cats might set me off almost immediately. You might have found that one cat that your system can't tolerate.

I'm sorry about Gambo. Hugs.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:35 PM

Blue is still with us :-) I had a few rough days with my breathing. I took all kind of stuff and added stinging nettle pills. I read it’s good for “allergies”. Since I moved out her toilet and switched to grass litter, it got much better. We are also currently applying “Allerpet” in get to reduce dander. I ordered Omega 3 for her as it also should help with her skin and coat (she seems a little itchy).

Long story short, she is a love bug! She makes us smile. She is so different (grey, small, female vs red/white fluffy male with pink nose, and huge), yet is she beautiful. She is hardly leaving the bedroom yet and she is still shy at times. But when she decides she needs to be loved, you have to comply! She loves to be petted! I give it a few more days to see how I react to her but the goal is to keep her!!!

She moved in one week ago, and she has come a long way already. At first, I thought it was too early to get a new cat. I got the ashes back only 2 days before. But she keeps our mind busy and as said, she makes us smile again.

.... and while I type this... she is lying next to me on the bed (I know it’s not good for allergies but she is too cute) and is purring ...

Old 09-22-2019, 09:09 PM

10,613 posts, read 3,205,858 times
Awww.

I had a room mate once who liked cats, but was allergic to them. That would be a tough dilemma!

Actually, a couple years ago I went to an allergist, and he did an allergy test on me, and everything came up negative except for.... cats! Yes, I was allergic to cats, but only VERY slightly. Not enough to be of concern or anything like that.

Since I learned that, on occasion I've discovered that when she sleeps next to my head, I feel a wee bit stuffy. But it's not a big deal.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 PM

8,690 posts, read 6,133,675 times
Quote:
Blue is still with us :-) I had a few rough days with my breathing. I took all kind of stuff and added stinging nettle pills. I read it’s good for “allergies”. Since I moved out her toilet and switched to grass litter, it got much better. We are also currently applying “Allerpet” in get to reduce dander. I ordered Omega 3 for her as it also should help with her skin and coat (she seems a little itchy).

Long story short, she is a love bug! She makes us smile. She is so different (grey, small, female vs red/white fluffy male with pink nose, and huge), yet is she beautiful. She is hardly leaving the bedroom yet and she is still shy at times. But when she decides she needs to be loved, you have to comply! She loves to be petted! I give it a few more days to see how I react to her but the goal is to keep her!!!

She moved in one week ago, and she has come a long way already. At first, I thought it was too early to get a new cat. I got the ashes back only 2 days before. But she keeps our mind busy and as said, she makes us smile again.

.... and while I type this... she is lying next to me on the bed (I know it’s not good for allergies but she is too cute) and is purring ...
I feel for your situation, and am glad to hear you're getting some positive results. I sincerely hope you'll be able to keep her with you permanently. I think you both deserve that, so keep at it.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:34 PM

1,162 posts, read 434,058 times
Quote:
Here we are, one week and two days after Gambo went over the bridge and is finally free and happy ... we picked his ashes up Friday and it’s a weird feeling when they say “here is Gambo”, and they hand you a paper bag.

When we donated most of his medication and stuff to a local rescue lady last weekend, she mentioned she has a beautiful Russian Blue that needs a home. She mentioned especially her as I am allergic and supposably Russian Blues are a better fit in most cases. Of course, considering that she is a “street cat”, no one knows what she really is and how much of her is “Russian”.

We went to meet her today and she is the cutest thing ever!!! Very interesting fur, blue / silver color, and just a sweet heart. I had a terrible reaction there, but as we didn’t know if it’s because of her or the other cats, we all agreed that we give her a one week vacation at our place.

Cross your paws it works out!!! She is currently hiding under a cabinet. But when you speak to her she starts purring.
Paws crossed!

Old 09-29-2019, 07:12 AM

Blue is still with us :-) We picked her up 2 weeks ago. Still figuring out my allergies but taking all kind of natural stuff (e.g black seed oil)and I hope I fully outgrow. I think it got slightly better already (it’s not bad to begin with).

Blue comes out as soon as it is dark and then likes to cuddle. She plays with some toys during the night and loves to throw stuff around. The bedroom door is now open but she barely comes out. I really have to lure her into the living room.. and as soon as there is one noise, she runs back. I guess she needs more time. Currently in process of finding her a tree :-)

Old 09-29-2019, 07:31 AM

16,786 posts, read 10,697,531 times
Quote:
Blue is still with us :-) We picked her up 2 weeks ago. Still figuring out my allergies but taking all kind of natural stuff (e.g black seed oil)and I hope I fully outgrow. I think it got slightly better already (it’s not bad to begin with).

Blue comes out as soon as it is dark and then likes to cuddle. She plays with some toys during the night and loves to throw stuff around. The bedroom door is now open but she barely comes out. I really have to lure her into the living room.. and as soon as there is one noise, she runs back. I guess she needs more time. Currently in process of finding her a tree :-)

way to go!

it all sounds promising.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,126,868 times
Thanks for the update, it is always nice to read good news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or